This mod now REQUIRES that you first install the After the War
This mod adds hundreds and hundreds of new items: weapons, armorpieces, cloaks, mounts, shields and so on. They have been automatically generated with random magical properties. These items are occasionally available from notable locations, but the best source is from dungeons.
Log in with your Stardock account if you are having trouble downloading the file.
Install: Extract all folders to documents\my games\elemental\mods\
Make sure "Use Mods" is turned ON in options
Added 1 high-level event, described in full in-game, titled 'Dstaurmim, the Undying'. If you do not wish to know the precise details of the event, do not scroll to the end of its description.
Added artifact mounts, inspired by the expandedmounts mod. Artifact mounts grants the rider an army-wide bonus of one stat (these bonuses do not work in cities). The power of this bonus, as well as other bonuses, increase with higher tier mounts. For now, mounts are found like armor and weapons, ie you just "find a notable location". I know it's a bit lame, especially with the tier 5 mounts; the dragons. What are the odds of stumbling across a living, tamed dragon? Hopefully in the future these can be provided in a better way.
Added a tier 3 event, titled 'Avos, the Bloodsmith'. This event can only occur for vanilla premade sovereigns once they pass level 4. Also fixed an issue where some twohanded weapons would sometimes be useable with a shield at the same time.
Heavy tweaking of spawn chances for the goodiehuts. Artifact huts are now significantly more rare. Also replaced the icon. Edit: Also reduced armor values, they should be like vanilla armor now. Artifact armor gives statbonuses, they should not give more defense than a normal item. Defense bonuses come from mounts primarily, and rarely weapons can also boost defense.
5.0 - Added dungeons
Tier 5 mounts can now only be found in dungeons, no more giant dragon mounts roaming the wild waiting to be reined in.
- Vastly reduced experience gained from dungeons (each slain group gives 1 experience) (this prevents farming low-tier dungeons for massive experience for trained units)
- Reduced visual size of darkling creature Slag monster
- Reduced combat strength of elemental creature Umberdroth
- Switched around some stats for creature weapons, creatures will now fight like their weapons "suggest" (twohanded weapons hit hard, shieldwearing units dodge ranged attacks and so on). Several weapons were given chances to deal double damage, or ignore armor
- Deeper levels in a dungeon have a very small chance of dropping items from a tier above (in 5.1 I checked the gen and there is at least one tier 4 dungeon out of 40 that has a tier 5 mount).
- Added champions you can rescue from dungeons (won't become active until you leave, works like an item you use to summon a sand golem)
- Added a fix for some text becoming extremely small and condensed sometimes.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the rare chance to drop something from a tier above would result in nothing at all dropping.
- Added new armorpieces that can boost magic power of units
- fixed mounts so their bonuses are flat additive instead of multiplier bonuses (instead of "this mount boosts your army attack by 2%" you now get "Army-wide bonus to Dodge by 3."
Artifact: Fixed an issue where Ghost trolls were invisible
Artifact: Fixed an issue where dungeons gave the wrong tooltip information on the strategic map
Fixed counter-attack values on weapons.
Forgot to include the tactical maps for the dungeons in 5.5 and 5.6
Artifact: Slightly increased the chance of being ambushed while trying to leave a dungeon that hasn't been completely cleared.
Artifact: Dstaurmim can now spawn slightly earlier in a game (above 1000 player population)
Artifact: The Bloodsmith event now comes later in the game. It can still only happen to the pre-made sovereigns, not to custom sovereigns. It can now happen to ExpandedFactions pre-made sovereigns as well.
Artifact: Changed the wording after being defeated in a dungeon.
Tarn Adams, Toady one, developer of Dwarf Fortress and the word lists used to generate names (Used with permission)
3dgrunge, for some 3d models of weapons
Kenata, for the skill library