1. Sun Tzu Ambush Trait - an army commanded by a hero with the Sun Tzu Ambush trait can appear to be 50% weaker if it does not move that turn.
- Example: A large 200 point army appears to be a 100 point army as bait to attract an enemy attack.
2. Sun Tzu Bluff Trait - an army commanded by a hero with the Sun Tzu Bluff trait can appear to be 300% stronger if it does not move that turn.
- Example: A small 50 point army appears to be an army of 150 pts to dissuade the enemy from attacking.
3. Sun Tzu Fire Trap Trait - An attacking army commanded by a hero with the Sun Tzu Fire Trap trait can cause the tactical map exit portals behind at the flanks and rear of enemy army to be blocked by fire if the enemy army did not move the prior turn. Fire damages any unit attempting to flee the tactical map by moving through the fire blocked tiles. This trait has no effect in city, desert, swamp or mountain terrain. The fire barriers can be dispelled with water magic and die out after x turns. [added]
- Example: The attacker prevents the enemy from fleeing the battlefield by blocking his exit routes with fire.
4. Sun Tzu River Battle Trait - A defending army commanded by a hero with the Sun Tzu River Battle Trait that is attacked from a river tile is engaged by half the attacker's army (each enemy unit has a 50% to enter the tactical battle map).[added 4-6]
- Example: The defender strikes before the enemy has moved his entire army across the river, preventing the enemy from engaging in battle with his entire army.
5. Sun Tzu Night Attack Trait - An attacking army commanded by a hero with the Sun Tzu Night Attack Trait has the option; via a popup text box, to engage the defender in combat at night. During a night battle the line of sight and attack range of all all units is reduced to three tiles. [added 4-7]
6. Sun Tzu Night Defense Trait - A defending army commanded by a hero with the Night Defense trait that is attacked at night and has not moved its full movement allowance, has a line of sight of five tiles whereas the attacking army has a line of sight of 3 tiles. [Added 4-7]
- Example: After stopping the army for the night, the armoy commander orders his men to make preparations against a night attack. His men protest against such actions, claiming that other commanders make no such preparations, yet this army commander holds firm in his decision and orders the men to prepare the grounds around the camp for a night battle.
7. Sun Tzu Scout Trait - an army containing a hero with this trait sees the true strength of enemy armies encountered in the field. Negates the deception caused by the Sun Tuz Ambush Trait and Sun Tzu Bluff Trait and an attackers ability to trap it in place with the Sun Tzu Fire Trap Trait.
8. Sun Tzu War College - If constructed, The Sun Tzu War College allows heros to learn a Sun Tzu battle trait upon level up. Construction of the Sun Tzu War College requires the recruitment of Sun Tzu, a wandering sage. If the Sun Tzu hero is slain, the war college is destroyed. [added 4-6]
9. Sun Tzu Hero - In the kingdom lands of Ember there resides a hermit, actually a wise human sage named Sun Tzu who is skilled in the arts of war and long thought dead. It is said that his battle skills defeated several Empire Armies in generations past. Should he be found and recruited by a kingdom, the heros of this kingdom could learn new battle tactics (traits) from this this master when they level up. Should he be discovered by an Empire, they must find and slay him before a Kingdom recruits him. [added 4-6]