I would like to see FE have an easy to use monster modding tool, much like the tool for creating new buildings in EWOM.
- Template for selecting base monster
- Options to change color, size, skin patterns
- Option to change statistics; hit points, armor class, speed, attack traits, defensive traits
- Option to set encounter grouping and numbers of creatures in encounter
- Option to select magical powers if any
- Option to select General AI rules for encounters
- Option to set appearance rarity: Common (i.e. wolves), Uncommon, Rare, Very Rare, Unique
- Option to Save-As
Then I could easily take the base Spider (for example) and create;
a. Spider Swarm - a swarm of tiny spiders that has 50 hitpoints, AC1, Damage 0, but immobilizes the unit it attacks
b. Webcasting Spider - a larger spider that casts web
c. Poisonous Spider - That has a poisonous bit
d. Spell Spider - Spider that casts uses magic to slow its victims (unless they resist)
e. Demon Spider - A really large spider (size: 500%) with 300 hp, AC25, Damage 1-24, etc.
Likewise, one could use this tool to create several variations of a dragon: Blue, Silver, Gold, Red (fire breathing), Green, Black (acid spray), etc in various sizes - large, huge, collossal