1.20 issue here (betatesting the Distinct Factions mod but this applies to vanilla as well):
- Turn 11
- Kraxis SOV correctly moved into his capital to defend as Kael neared the capital
- I moved Kael 4 tiles away (Kael has 4 mp) so he could strike Kraxis capital if Kraxis sov left capital - wanted to see if he would leave
- Spouse is not geared at all - FIRST PROBLEM
- Kraxis SOV left his capital which gave Kael the opportunity to strike - SECOND PROBLEM (sov should not have moved away)
- Kael moves in to strike the capital - and enter in THIRD PROBLEM (the action of declaring war via moving a unit into enemy ZOC cancels possible subsequent actions)
- Kael moves to attack settlement so two actions happen:
- declare war box opens - said yes
- instead of attacking city Kael moves on top of the city thereby causing two further problems:
- it will be another turn before I can attack
- in that time his sov will move back in and the peon will be completed to garrison
Saves (post attack move and prior 2) - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19969679/Elemental/120/120_UDFv01n_CAPITAR_ZOCATTACK_10to11.zip
1. Spouse not geared 2. AI left his city open for taking 3. subsequently saved by the mechanic problem of declaring war and attacking in same action.
Shot showing Kael sitting on top of Kraxis capital instead of pwning it.
To show what happens if I declare war manually via diplomacy screen and then attack I reloaded the turn 10 game. Declared war via diplomacy screen and then attacked city. Results below. Kraxis is now capital-less on turn 11.