I've been playing the game since release, and it's come a long way, however I'm still encountering some bugs as of v1.08. I also wanted to give a few suggestions, some of which have already been mentioned before. I'm gonna stay away from making suggestions for the magic system, as I know it's already undergoing an overhaul.
* I know there was a hotfix on Saturday to fix the issue of bows always missing. It seems that bows are still always missing for me. I do not have the 1.08beta version, nor have I ever installed any mods - just vanilla v1.08 with Saturday's hotfix installed.
* The tactical 'Heal' spell is broken. It always shows 0 hitpoints healed.
* Healing potions don't work during tactical battles. Not sure if this is by design?
* I'm getting all kinds of weird issues with drops in health on my units. When a unit is first created, they are not at full health. If they stay in the city and are not attacked for the first turn after they are created, they will be "healed" to full health on the following turn, otherwise they remain at lower health. Also, units often lose large amounts of health for no apparent reason. Let me give a specific example of some other health-related weirdness from one of my games from earlier today:
I had a unit of 12 knights who were down to maybe 4/12 unit members and 849/2925 health stationed in a city I had just taken over from an enemy. (They seemed to have way more health within the city; must have been from some Empire city improvement, not really sure). I moved this unit out of the city along with my sovereign to cast Mass Heal on them. As soon as I moved them out of the city, they had 849/900 health. I cast Mass Heal twice and their health jumped to 889/900 and they were backup to the full 12/12 members in the unit. I then re-entered the city and their health was 889/2925 and they dropped back down to 4/12 members in the unit.
* When building an Elite Company of knights in a city captured from an Empire enemy, I noticed that it only took 1 turn to train. 1 turn to train a unit of 12 elites?!? Sure, there was a Warrior Temple, Garrison, and War Council all built in the city, but it still seemed more than a little overpowered to be able to make them that fast. As a comparison, my LV 5 Kingdom city with a Barracks, Command Post, and War College took 23 turns to make the exact same 12 elites.
* When mousing-over units in an army (to see their health for example) the unit stat card does not update if you mouse-over from one unit to another of the same type. You have to mouse-over a unit of a different type to get the stat card to update.
* Sometimes when I click on a city it doesn't get selected. I have to click somewhere outside the city and then on the city again to select it. I think I've also seen this happen with armies as well.
* Sometimes when in the 'Build Improvement' window for cities, the improvement's "stats" don't display on the bottom part of the window. Youhave to click around on other improvements for a bit before it fixes itself and displays correctly.
* Sometimes when trying to place a new building in a city, building's location jumps to a new spot right when you click the button to place it.
* The 3D map view gets all screwy every time you return to the game from the menu. You have to zoom all the way in and then back out for it to fix itself.
* The little resources tab at the top-center doesn't resize correctly when a new resource is added. It fixes itself on the following turn.
* When starting a new game after playing a previous game where troop experience (veterans, etc.) was researched, the buttons remain enabled in the new game when training units. It doesn't seem to increase their health like normal when you select the higher veterancy, but the button is selectable.
* Can't delete custom factions once they are created.
* Can't edit the backstory for custom factions or custom sovereigns once they are created.
* Custom sovereign doesn't show up after the first game. Maybe they aren't being saved correctly as of v1.08?
* I'm getting some tactical battle weirdness occasionally. Sometimes it doesn't "detect" the end of a turn after everyone has moved, and I have to click 'End Turn'. Sometimes I can't move or attack with any of my troops, the end turn button doesn't work, and I'm forced to click 'Auto-Resolve'. Sometimes I can't seem to find the right "spot" to click to make my unit attack an enemy. I have to click over and over in different spots in the square the enemy is in before it finally works. This seems to happen mainly (maybe exclusively?) when I'm attacking with a mounted unit. Sometimes, it seems to take a long time for counter-attacks to happen.
Now for a couple of suggestions and obsevations (mainly regarding UI):
* There should be a faction-wide overview screen for each resource when you click them on the resource tab at the top. It should give you a breakdown of each city's income & expenses for that resource, as well as upkeep for each army unit in the case of gold. I should be able to delete buildings or army units from this screen if I find myself short on a resource, so I don't have to hunt around for a building in 3D map view trying to find a Merchant I want to get rid of because I'm low on food. Or I should be able to easily see that I have a bunch of low-end obsolete units using gold upkeep that I can easily delete.
* When mousing-over terrain, it should tell me the movement cost for that square.
* When selecting a city improvement to build, show me the city stat screen instead of the city build queue. I'd like to know if the city is making 1 gold/turn or 30gold/turn when deciding if I want to build a Market in that city, for example.
* Maybe Houses, Merchants, etc should have a little "-1 food upkeep per turn" icon similar to how the Study has a "-1 gold upkeep per turn". Might help people better understand how food works.
* The Savage Strike ability (Scions?) seems pretty overpowered, especially early-game. I'm not sure it should be able to take out a 4-member knight unit decked out in full light plate armor with soldier cloaks and light steel shields in one cast.
* Legendary armor seems pretty weak compared to Master Heavy Plate, partly because it has no arm pieces. Also, it would be cool if there was a bit of magic resist on the Legendary armor, since it's magical in nature?
* Make the metal armors require either Cutting Weapons OR Blunt Weapons research to unlock, not both.
* Would be cool if you could upgrade existing units with new gear, even if you had to station them in town for a few turns to "retrain and re-outfit" them. For example, a Lv5 unit could upgrade from Leather armor and Clubs to Light Plate armor and Short Swords, but still retain their level. Make it cost gold and resources for the new gear, and maybe some retraining time?
* Would be nice to have a menu option to disable the pre-generated unit types from showing up in the list every time I research new Warfare Tech. I almost always delete these pre-generated templates and make my own anyways.
* Lastly, as has already been discussed in many other threads, tactical combat needs more...tactics. Flanking, charging with mounts, etc.