Playing some more Elemental, there are a few UI features I'd like to see added to the in-game shop.
- Subtabs to sort things to buy - perhaps: Weapons, Armor, Misc, All.
- A marker to see which items my character already has equipped (even when I'm in the buy tab)
- Showing me all items in "my inventory" even when they're equipped (use the same mark as #2)
- The ability to cycle between characters without leaving the shop.
- A button to take me straight to my character's equipment screen.
- A button to take me straight to the item trade screen.
I played around with the layout of the interface in my notebook. Here's the scan. Let me know if the handwriting is too small to read at this size.
After doing my initial sketch, I remembered that we already have a distinctive icon for the equipment screen, so I reworked the bottom bar, as you can see below.
For cycling characters, I'd also want the player to be able to click on a character portrait to jump straight to them, instead of having to cycle through with the side arrows.
Keep up the great work!