Not sure what is causing the crashes. Seems to finish generating the map, then it's suppose to add factions, but it doesn't. Could be a stamp, could be a faction, could be something else. Until the issue can be found, I would suggest a few things:
1. Disable auto save in options. Instead, use quick save (ctrl+s) every season. As well, create a normal saved game every 5 seasons as backup. Keep multiple backups so you can go back in time and find a saved game that works.
2. Try reloading after 10 seasons, just to see if the game is fine, don't want you to play hour(s) and find yourself w/ a crashing saved game.
3. Remove Children of Storm Rivermod if it's installed. Need to start a New Game to see the changes. Delete:
4. When you create a game, go to "Customize Opponents" (in the "Who Opposes You?" screen) and remove Ceto (Living Stones) and Edror (Shadows) if they are in the "Selected Opponents" list.
5. Generally speaking, look at "T1. (Others) - Crashes" section in A_UserGuide.txt file. I know it's not related to saved game crashes, but some of the stuff in there would still probably help (e.g. Turn off Steam Cloud for FELH and there's more explanation re: auto save).
You can also package the two custom XML files (Faction+Sovereign) for the Baruu faction so I can have a look at them. Your custom files (Based on Faction and Sovereign names) should be in
Keep me updated.