These are the main problems I still have with the user interface with Fallen Enchantress:
* Not able to select Random sovereigns to play against at the start of the game (should also be able to pick 'Random Kingdom' and 'Random Empire')
* If there are multiple stacks on a tile, clicking the stacks will only cycle between the first two and you have no real idea of how many stacks there are on the tile.
* Needs to be an option to have a pop-up at the end of the turn if you have cities not producing.
* There should always be an option for the city to build goods (gold income), research, growth or production which becomes a permanent build queue item. Buildings would add to the base percentage increase of the above.
* There needs to be a way of placing troops at the start of a battle to overcome the problem of important troops being blocked by others. Hate having the Charge perk on units that can't use it. Even if you could only place troops if you had Path of the Warrior or Path of the Defender that would be cool. Even just an option of being able to swap the placement of a couple of units at the start of the battle would be enough.
* When levelling a city it is important to be able to see the city details before making the decision.
* The screen layout with HUD info on both the left and right is a real problem on large monitors as you need to look both sides before ending your turn.
* When a resource is destroyed there should be an item in the Event HUD so you can move the camera to that location. The maps are too large to only have the vague clues that currently appear.
* Ledger should show the number of unused Essence on cities (eg. 1/2 or 0/0 etc)
My 2 cents.
1. Random sovereigns- This is a feature request. I dont have a problem with this but it would be very low on my list of stuff to add to the game. We have added new world creation sliders to the creation screen which allow you to do things like create worlds that have more Kingdom or Empire factions, but not like you suggest.
2. Multiple stacks on a tile is a big issue for me too. One of the top 3 post-beta 5 issues we have to address. This is a UI issue.
3. Build gold/research/growth. This is a feature request, again I don't have a problem with it. But its just a different way to get to a similar place and our current way works fine.
4. Unit formations. Another feature request and I don't have a problem with it was originally speced in the design but there were some technical issue that kept us from doing it. In short we know that some player would love the micro it provided, most wouldnt use it, and it may actually be a little more frustrating for players that didn't want to hassle with it. If it was an easy thing, I'd probably still add it, but it effects a lot of things.
5. City details when leveling. This has been added in Beta 5.
6. HUD on the left and right is difficult to read on large monitors. I can see where you are coming from but I think its fairly minor for the amount of time it would take to resolve (a UI redesign). As we talk through future projects we have been talking more about horizontal panning and centralized UI for wide screen monitors.
7. Being able to zoom to a destroyed resource- I thought you could click ont he notification to go to the spot, but I will check it out (that is the intent anyway).
8. Ledger should show unused Essence- We have updated the ledger for Beta5. We have a column that shows the amount of enchantments on a city, it wouldnt be hard to show the min/max. I'll add it.