1. The effect of initiative changes should be better measurable. Use seconds/turn, so if you go from 13 init, which is 5 seconds/turn to 15 init which is 4 seconds/turn. You know what you're getting.
2. Make tile yield visible in the fog of war for explored areas.
3. Make rivers visible in the fog of war for explored areas (having them disappear is kind of weird and wipes out expected landmarks... literally).
4. Make it easier to determine whether someone is going to resist your spell before you cast it. Nothing worse than wasting the turn of your army destroying sovereign only to have a spell resisted. Except for perhaps wondering whether you should try again or not bother.
5. XP gain feels too invisible. Such an important factor in the game, and where/when/why it occurs and how much is just inscrutable at the moment. Do I get less XP with more people in my army? Does it get spread evenly amongst everyone in the battle? Floating XP text over the unit on a gain would help.
1: I don't understand your suggestion, while I do understand how Initiative should work ATM tho it seems flawed... (or I just really don't understand it )
2: Yes!... Also make tiles yields visible next to my cities, and find another way to notify me where I cannot build cities.
3: I think this is more of a bug than anything else, alot of things tends to dissapear in the fog of war after loading a game.
4: Hmmm, Just make tooltips for spells, like there is tooltips for weapons, would also like to know how much damage my spells are going to do .
5: Don't understand this one either, floating text over the units when they gain xp.. they only gain xp at the end of a battle, and not much floating text available there... I do agree this section revised tho.