Brad announced in another post, https://forums.elementalgame.com/408541/page/2/#2941809 , that there will be a future Stardock store for their own stuff, and WOM will be on there.
The question is would you rather purchase a future Stardock game on Impulse, or on a successor to Stardock Central? This isn't meant to be a slam Gamestop thread, and I hope no one does this. Even if I'd prefer to buy direct, it doesn't mean I wouldn't use Impulse for other stuff.
Personally- my preference would be to purchase on a future SDC.
- purchasing from Stardock means Stardock gets a higher percentage of the money I spend. This will improve their profitability, and therefore, their future game development
- I believe that purchasing from Stardock means I am less likely to have issues with DRM on my purchase.
- I believe that beta patches will come more quality on Stardock-owned servers
- This may make using the features of Impulse more difficult for Stardock in the future, and this may also disable certain Impulse features. *
- Impulse may run sales
* The Impulse features in WOM are quite nice, but I don't feel they add anything important to the game. I may feel differently if I played a Stardock game in multiplayer- but Stardock would have to make a game with good multiplayer first.