Alpha Changelog v0.6
This is not released yet. This is the changelog for the next version, which I'm aiming to release sometime tomorrow. I do like the new changes in the system, with global mana, and all. I was concerned at first about the 1 food requirement to build a city, but I got the cybermen to work fine. Alot of the transition over to the new beta version has gone very well actually. As you can see below, I was inspired to add some more to the mod. I was having fun playing the Cybermen for a couple hours. It's starting to get good.
- Added availablespecialists tags to improvements to follow the new system. Removed restrictions on a lot of improvements. This list is rather long, let's just say alot got tweaked a little bit due to the new system implementation.
- Changed shard shrines to add mana per turn, like the kingdom and empire versions.
- Changed Energy Cell plant, and fusion cell plant to do the same instead of an essence boost.
- Removed IRS Building. It wasn't ever really meant to be there in the first place. As population generates income now, this improvement is not needed.
- Lowered metal requirement for initial upgrade warehouse to 10.
- Added Oil resource to the world.
- Added Oil Pump improvement for cybermen, daleks, fallen allegiance, and kingdom allegiance. (Tile is very basic for the moment).
- Added Oil Barren Talent. Has an oil spill spawn near the sovereigns starting position (Krang has this talent).
- Added "Oil Change" spell/spellbook for Cybermen. (Gives a 2.0 strategic movement boost to units for 15 turns. Requires 5 oil.)
- Added Oil Refining tech for cybermen.
- Added Armor/weapons requiring oil for Fallen/Kingdom allegiances.
- Added Dalekanium resource to the world.
- Added Dalekanium Mine improvement for cybermen, daleks, and fallen/kingdom allegiances.
- Added Dalekanium Expert Talent. Has a dalekanium ore deposit spawn near the sovereign's starting position (Supreme Dalek has this talent).
- Rebuild techtree/techs, and improvement list for Daleks as they use almost all of the fallen improvements. This will get tweaked heavily.
- Added Air, Earth, Water, and Fire Dalek Spells/spellbooks. These spells open a rift in time and space to summon a Dalek from the void, infused with an air shard. The spell requires 20 Dalekanium, and a shard (corresponding shard with corrsponding dalek). The Daleks to be summoned are going to be very powerful, so I am also pondering chewing up some citizens as well.
- Added the above spells as techs seperately. Replaced a few of the default Domination techs, meaning while being able to summon powerful Daleks, you won't be able to hire very powerful NPCs (you cant get to the higher level ones). There are plans to further handicap the Dalek race, because like I said earlier, the Daleks you will be able to summon will be very powerful. Also in consideration is a new victory condition for the Dalek race. It would be just like the Spell of Mastery (where once cast, it ends the game), only the idea is you gain the power to open the rift in time and space for a prolonged period of time to bring back a massive horde of Daleks, ending the game.
- Added Armor/Weapons requiring Dalekanium for Fallen/Kingdom allegiances.
To be done in the near future, think version 0.65:
- Some of the tiles really need some good work on them. The oil pump was something I threw together in a few seconds just to HAVE something there. Dalekanium looks pretty cool, but the improvement is simply the regular mine, with the dalekanium resource thrown in there instead. [John Hughes, up for doing a couple? ]. There will eventually be different ones for Kingdom/Empire for both oil and dalekanium, but for now they are the placeholder ones.
- Make more uses for oil and dalekanium. While dalekanium is obviously important to the Daleks, oil is useful to the cybermen, but not necessarily like you NEED oil (like metal). While I want these two races to need these resources more than the empire/kingdom allegiances, I want them to add to their play as well. That's the idea with the unique armor/weapons, but I'd like to add more variance in there. If anyone has any suggestions, shoot away.
- Check out the spells. I haven't really gone over any of the changes to the spells yet. They work, however, I think I need to beef them up a bit more. Which leads me to the next point.
- Balance testing. Right now, the cybermen are pretty fun to play. More playtesting is required though to make sure you're never really kicking too much ass, or getting your ass kicked too badly. It's a fine line. Not saying I do it the best, or even well depending on your view, but I at least put a lot of time into it.
- Tweak the Dalek race out to make it more unique. Right now, it's essentially the Quendar race with a Dalek sovereign. Granted, the ability to summon the other daleks are in, but I haven't tweaked them out yet. So, the other Daleks will be the same as the sovereign dalek, only different colors (to match the shard infused with).
- Create abilities for the four shard daleks to kick much ass.
To be done in the near future (version 0.7 approx):
- Further tweaking of the cybermen race to get them close to the "complete" stage. (Techs/Stats/Improvments)
- Deeper tweaking and twisting of the Dalek tech tree. (Have some unique improvements as well)
- Add in Sontarans. Mr Morgan said that the model for these guys is close to completion.
- Create tech tree, improvement list, units, weapons, etc for Sontarans. Not really sure where I'm going with these guys. I honestly may take the lazy way out and copy the Dalek idea. Cybermen make sense because they "convert" the people who are drawn into the town. Both the Daleks made it to Elemental with nothing left. However, while Supreme Dalek was the only Dalek to make it to Elemental. Not sure if I'm going to have a few Sontarans just start out, and thats all you get, or do it similar to the Daleks. How can their race exist on the planet? So, that means the sontarans will use some other race in Elemental for it's "grunt" units. Not sure which one they will use yet. Sorry for the randomness, I'm also using this changelog for myself.
- Develop a better fit for the Sontarans.