"Be a part of a glorious future and serve your Kingdom/Empire!"
Are you interested in serving your Kingdom against the Empire's threats?
Or do you want to enslave those weaklings to the West?
Then TODAY is your chance to shine and be apart of everyone's world.
Description: A long time ago Stardock allowed beta testers to be inserted as NPC champions that for the ranks of today's armies, merchants, and universities. However, many of us missed that opportunity. This project is designed so that each player can enjoy the world of Elemental with the help of, none other then, the Elemental community.
Here is how this can be implemented...
How to make a hero:
- Players submit their custom heroes either via .XML code (Does NOT require an upload) or by uploading it to a website (if additional content)
- Just make them in the "Sovereign Creator" or copy an already created character
- Then modify them into a NPC character (see Brad's guide here, I'll post one soon)
- NOTE: You may want to delete the NPC from your game. As a sovereign, you probably don't want to see yourself running around your own game!
- Either post the .XML code (not with the code feature though, please) or upload them somewhere (if more then XML)
- We will then balance and test the heroes to ensure they work and are properly implemented
- Hero will be added to a main database file which will be regularly updated
- Any additional items, weapons, eyes, hairs, or armors will also be added to a database for their specific purpose (eyes, skins, traits, histories, items, weapons, and armor) for easy management
- NOTE: The "Medallions" wouldn't be necessary as they are updated by the game. This significantly helps to reduce file size (unless really special)
- New skins, eyes, hairs, clothing, armors, weapons, items, and traits
- Submissions and support
- An download system that is easy to add new files to (like svn but not)
Rules and Requirements:
- No game breaking, unfair, or cheating abilities, items, or trait combos
- Note: The better the hero is the more expensive they will be to acquire and the lower their chance of spawning
- Must be a unique character based on the player's own design
- No "Pariz Hiltonz" of Gondor
- Must be complete with all data filled out (background, quote, any text)
- Can be based off real or fictional people and figures but should be unique to the player and the player's own design
- Try and avoid a Merlin or a Aragon of the Gondorians.
- Base the character off of YOUR OWN avatar
- Can be based off of other fantasy worlds
- Shouldn't referencing them in any text, we want this to remain "in universe"
- Must be referred to as a hero and not a King (unless formerly a King)
- These heroes are, by default, NOT sovereigns and shouldn't be leading nations
- NOTE: I have discovered custom NPC champions leading factions with unassigned sovereigns. They may act as a substitute sovereign for a custom faction.
- Can be grouped with one other unit
- Additional unit should be relatively weak compared to the champion and a basic sovereign
- Should have low Essence unless a PRIMARY magic user
- Should be balanced to reflect this
- The character may be balanced or changed if overpowered or incomplete.
- Total Filesize must be below 100kb to keep the download size smaller
Possible Submissions: (if unique) We welcome the assistance of any skinners, modelers, or coders who would like to contribute to the project or help
- Champions and Heroes
- Skins, eyes, hairs
- Items, clothing, armor, weapons
- Medallions- BUT only if REQUIRED for the unit. Medallions have rather high filesizes.
This project will be supported by my own "Traits and Histories" Modpack that you can use for additional content for your heroes (or sovereign). I'm also going to implement my some elements from my "Characters Modpack" (skins, eyes, and eye fix).
What this will accomplish:
After downloading this mod you will have new possible skins, eyes, hairs, weapons, armors, and traits available for your sovereign and Kingdom. Additionally, new NPC's will populate your lands (in addition to the old ones, nothing is being replaced). These new NPCs will be creations from your fellow forum community members and will be interacting with you in your game. It's like playing multiplayer... but in singleplayer!
I hope that one day people's stories will be more interesting and relatable. Instead of Arvix leading your armies against the evil drake that has plagued your trade route it may be my character, or Raven X, or MagicwillNZ, or possibly your character in someone else's game. Perhaps your character will join with their Kingdom and lead their armies. Maybe you'll get married? Or maybe you will be eaten by a drake!
Either post your character's XML code or a link to the download on this thread or throw me a PM.
Please upload any skins, eyes, armors, items, weapons, or trait you would like added.
Together we can accomplish great things! Good luck.