Now working for the most part!!! Latest release is on 12-24-2012 and is version 0.9 (rolled back to indicate beta)
Documentation below may not be totally accurate but most is still correct. Let me know what you think, and sorry the first version didn't work very well at all.
I've begun seriously modding FE over the holidays and have some nice changes made so far. At least I think so
If you would like to try it out and comment, I would be extremely thankful as it is very hard to try testing things with all class combinations, balancing, etc. So far it is not a huge change, but more are planned, as I elude to in the readme, which is available without downloading at the Nexus site.
In case you miss the external download link above:
Thanks for reading!
Here is the current info...(some of this has not been uploaded, but will be soon, I've discovered some issues I'm sorting out)
What's been changed from the vanilla Fallen Enchantress?
1. The Noble training of your Sovereign has been changed from +1 Faction Prestige and -5 Unrest to 150% movement and +15% Unrest. This means your foot armies will move 3 squares versus 2 and your mounted horsemen will move 6 instead of 4. However dealing with 15% added unrest will cut down production. (there are several lines when you mouse over the Noble icon, this is unavoidable at present time). Maybe I can figure out how to add another instead of replacing one, but have not looked into it just yet.
2. Once you choose a path, you will have a small chance each level up of choosing an additional path. It is very low likelihood, but Path of the Governor is x2 chance. (who picks that anyway?) /grin
3. Path of the Mage offers different Magic school choices quite often but now even non PotM heroes will be offered magic schools. This chance is very low to occur however.
4. The Injuries suffered by champions has been reduced for most of the injuries. (-30 to accuracy is out of line IMHO)
5. Some of the design traits are now offered during level up.
6. The Summons I, II, and III have been upped to 2 levels ( at least I hope...this has not been verified by play testing at this time, and it may need changed to +1, +2, +1 or something)
There is an ElementalDefs.xml file included that is not mandatory to include. If you include the ElementalDefs.xml file, it has these changes:
For all spawn rate settings ( resources, shards, monsters, champion camps, random events, and quests ) the settings have been tweaked to provide more of each. Of course, none is still none.
Using Fortify defense skill now gives 30% more defense.
The cost of mana for Sovereign defeat has been lowered drastically. It simply is not fair to PotM Sov's to suffer 50% mana loss while a non PotM could care less.
The time for defeated champions and Sovereign has been lowered ( I think to 3 turns versus 5 ).
Enemy factions must occupy a captured city for 10 turns (versus 5) before they can raze it.
Raised the number of accessories max equipped count from 4 to 5.
Lowered the minimum yield count for a square to be able to be settled from 6 to 4. This greatly increases the number of possible city locations.
Raised the 'non-contiguous' unrest penalty for not being connected to the Capital from 15% to 25%.
Changed the minimum distance between outposts to 4.
Increased the minimum distance between faction start locations from 12 to 16.
Changed the no build spaceing between cities from 4 to 1, which is more realistic.
Allowed the AI to contact you with negotiations every 6 turns ( down from 10 ).
1. I am not happy with the way land is created and at one time I modified the core files to make much better maps. I am going to try to recreate that work using only mod files eventually.
2. Another planned edit is the items file that determines loot drops. It just seems wrong to kill a Deadly group, lose several units and then loot a leather cap.
3. I have not played to end on many games yet, but feel at this time that some balancing between classes is needed. ( mage vs melee vs assassin ). To this end I may add abilities, or tweak existing ones, but not until I've played all classes deeper into the game.
4. I do plan on addressing the Summoner class as I feel it is very underpowered with only a level 3 Shadow Warg available until you can get an Elemental, but that usually comes much later than needed. *EDIT* Implemented in 0.9 - may be imbalanced, let me know.
Changes 1.0.1: (not currently in upload)
1. Added Regen abilities during level up. 3 tiers with +1, +2, and +3 hit points per round/season regeneration.
2. Added Summon Shadow Warg spell for Sovereign Professions Warlock and PathOfTheMage. (please feedback on balance)
3. Nerfed spell CoalStones since I ran into a group of wildlings that had 4 Shaman in it and my group was a sand golem, champion, and sovereign all level 5-6 and never even made it to them to swing. (actual change to spell = damage is caster level * 1.5 or if resisted caster level * .75 [original was *2 and *1]
4. Still testing the way magic schools are offered to non PotM classes. (I am still trying to playtest to determine if it is WAI, and will update this when I find out) *EDIT* it is working now in 0.9