I'm playing a game in 1.32, with a custom faction I designed just 'cuz. I have had a lot of problems. Let's see if I can remember them all:
- I can't go on quests, because I have to research Explore and Beorn's Journal (or something) first. Problem is, neither of these show up in my tech research list. So, no quests.
- Stats of items and characters (both NPC's and my character) are messed up. I tried to figure out what I would get for an advancement. It said +25% on the top line. It said +50% on the bottom line. ALL stat updates seem to have this multiple-line problem.
- Creating new items is an exercise in guessing. I get messages like this: "Adding this will cause a %d increase in ..." Ummm - what number is %d representing? The printf statement seems to be missing it's parameter...
- I became an arch-mage in Air. I cast Reveal Map. I had about +200 mana more than was needed. The maintenance cost (both of them - see item 2) was listed as 5 mana per turn. I cast it. I saw the map. I also had -280 mana! That's NEGATIVE 280! What the heck?! So, I was unable to cast ANY spells for a LOT of turns, until I got back to zero. Since I was playing as a Mage, this was a major setback. I also lost the map the next turn. So, I am an arch-mage with no real ability to cast a really cool arch-mage spell. Big time negative!
- Not a bug (well, probably not a bug) but... I am playing as a mage. I have researched all kinds of magic weapons. I have researched cost reductions several times. And I still basically can't make units with magic weapons. Why? The crystal costs are so exorbitant! I can build non-magic stuff all day long, but even though I have three crystal mines, and two of them are maximally upgraded, the crystal just trickles in! And I can't queue something up and have it start making it when my crystal stocks get large enough. No, I have to wait until I have 12, or 24, or 35 (or whatever) crystal available before I can even BEGIN working on the units! So, now I am busy researching mundane weapons, so I am not running around with a bunch of guys wearing robes and carrying billy-clubs.
- I created a custom world. I am pretty sure I selected the default value for Champion density. I have found precisely ONE (1) champion - and he was Empire (I'm not). So, I killed him. I have played many times, and this is the first time I have not seen any champions. What's up with that?
And, oh yeah, I completely uninstalled the old version, and deleted the directory. I did that twice. I am seeing the same results/same bugs every time.
So, there are a L-O-T of issues for me in 1.32. I have never had this many issues, and I have been playing since 0.8. So, back to the title of the post:
Is 1.32 really this buggy? Or is it just me?