Attunement increased to +2 mana/season (from +1)
Increased the amount of free city defenders at all levels
Units get a -25% to attack and defense when they are in enemy lands
World difficulty determines monster behavior more stringently. Lower world difficulties mean monsters rarely, if ever, attack player cities. At high difficulty, monsters will attack player cities but will not necessarily attack AI cities as aggressively. At "normal" or "challenging" the monsters are equal opportunity killers.
New, nastier AI algorithms at higher difficulty (for people want a bigger challenge)
The Attunement change is great.
Increasing the amount of city defenders will not help them to defeat units with equipment or heroes. Instead of increasing the amount of city defenders i would use special city defenders:
- City level 1 - 2: 1 Crude Catapult (defense 20, attack 20)
- City level 3 - 4: 1 Catapult (defense 30, attack 30)
- City level 5: 1 Ironwood Catapult (defense 40, attack 40)
I think it is a dangerous game mechanic to reduce the attack and defense in enemy lands, because:
- it is much more likely that the weapons will do only little damage if the attack is reduced
- it is much more likely that units can be killed with a few hits if the defense is reduced
- it does not change the damage of spells
- it makes monsters easier to kill
- it feels artifical
Instead i would add more strategic spells that can be cast only within the players zone of control AND the AI should use strategic spells MORE OFTEN.
Please remove the behavior that monsters will attack player cities more likely than AI cities on higher difficulties, because it feels like the AI is cheating and it destroys the dangerous world.
I hope that the best AI is still avaible on Challenging.