I hope there's no problem with me posting this here.
I've come a long way. I started out modding Elemental. Which got me wanting to do more than tweak someone else's creation. I ended up writing in App Inventor by Google. After crashing their servers (due to the complexity of the game), I moved on to the Android SDK, and Java (I'd never coded in Java before. Hell, I'd never programmed anything before!). So after a few months, and a few hundred hours between my girlfriend and myself, we've finally created our first mobile application/game.
So, for anyone here who has an Android device, I'd appreciate any feedback. Here's the market writeup:
In Brainless: Rise of the Zed, zombies have overtaken humanity, and its up to you to stop them. Pick your team and set out to slaughter the Brainless zombies one by one.
- Choose from four different characters, each with unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Set out and explore the area, kill zombies, and stay alive.
- Kill the Zed dead. Zombies are roaming the area and seem to appear out of nowhere. Slaughter them before they get you.
- Fighting the zombies is exhausting. Don't let your health drop too low or you'll become lunch.
- If your health is getting low, look for a red health pack. These contain life saving items such as beer, duct tape and groceries.
- With each kill, your character gets closer to leveling up. When this happens, you'll be able to choose one skill to advance.
- Each area includes Left To Find (LTF) items that you need to collect to advance to the next section.
- Keep track of your progress with the top scores displayed on the Kill Count High Scores list.
* This is just the beta version of Brainless. The full version will include more maps, more zombies, and more features. We hope you enjoy this preview version, and ask that you report any bugs to email@example.com
Thank you for playing and good luck surviving!
Market link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.xiledsystems.brainless