Comment here on what sorts of mods you’d like me to make to serve as examples to work from.
Be aware that in Elemental v1.1 that the magic system is moving away from personal mana to a global mana pool (much funner, more balanced) so you will likely want to keep mods focused on things that can be easily modified by that change.
Anyway, if you’re interested, put in your requests here and I’ll start on these this next week and start posting source to the mods.
We are making the Master of Magic mod...
So all the types of things you can do in Master of Magic.
The biggest thing would be:
1. Spells that can be cast either Strategic/Tactical.
2. Some sort of resistance stat.
3. A 'kill' spell effect that can kill enemies.
4. More specific unit type tags.
ie. Black has a spell called possession that takes control of 'normal units', but not heroes/wizards/summons.
Instead of enemy unit, it should be NormalUnit/Hero (including main wizards)/FantasticUnit
5. Global mana production as planned. Then can have buildings/spells that add/subtract mana.
6. Soem way to turn on/off a units ability to attack and/or counter-attack.
7. A better missle weapon system (to hit), magical ranged attacks etc.
8. A complete item enchantment system (can select properties for items based on starting/current spell books)
9. A game modifier to negate the first X attacks against a unit.
10. A life drain damage type so if a NormalUnit takes most of its damage from that, it will rise as a Zombie.
11. A hiding / invisibility ability for units.
12. The ability to tag a unit with a property so if a spell is present the unit gets bonuses or negatives.
ie. Life spell True Light that gives 'black' enemies -1 to hit / health etc.
13. Population as a resource that can be improved or reduced through spells or random events.
14. RANDOM EVENTS
They happen to a players and can be either good or bad. Turn on/off in setup like quests.
... and many more.