This time I approached the mod with high pragmatism and deleted most overenthusiastic features thet were in it earlier. The mod now is closer to original but AI acts more in style of human player. AI fights unrest in his cities and improves production earlier that in original. AI uses horses more often and equips his units better with magical amulets and other items. Battles are more intensive.
Tha mod now is compatible with all other mods that don't change Hero trait development trees.
What was updated:
1. I reduced big numbers of unused unit designs. I asked myself: "Would I produce these units myself?" And deleted those, for which my answer was "no". I hope this may allow the game to run slightly faster and consume less memory.
2. I reduced number of calculations per unit and hope that the game will consume less memory.
3. I reduced economic bonuses to AI. This reduction may also allow the game to run slightly faster and consume less memory.
4. AI now uses new not only priorities but also settings from domestic policy to upgrade cities.
5. AI heroes prefer combat traits and magic while levelup.
6. Wanderlust gives quest maps and additional experience from quests.
7. Heroic gives +10 Accuracy against higher level troops, Athican armor and swords.
8. Warriors caste gives +10% to Attack.
9. Warriors tech gives Warriors tech and +1 level to trained units.
10. Player needs to pay to produce Trained units.
11. AI is more aggressive to monsters and tries to clean areas around his cities.
I tested the mod for 50 turns on huge map with 9 opponents and found no problems, hangs and crashes.