Starpoint Gemini 2

Interesting space sim RPG

By on July 17, 2014 7:01:21 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Zgubidan

Join Date 07/2014
+1

Greetings erathlings,

Ill like to show u the game im all hyped about... Starpoint Gemini 2

www.starpointgemini.com

Its still in beta early access on steam, but i can i say it has grown on me. A nice space sim with RPG elements, upgrading your abilities, your ship/s (there is like 70 of them u can get) from gunners to big carrier class. A lot of stuff to do in a realy big universe that has no loading between sectors. U can trade, try some pirating, mining, or just usual "lats try to kill the one there ".

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/04/sta...access-preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljwmvweBXk8

Locked Post 46 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 17, 2014 4:02:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That's a game I should look back into one of these days soon and see how it's progressed.  Been a few months since the last time I logged into it, but everything was turning out great so far, IMO.  Even has the 3D element to it.  What was great, too, was the devs were even listening to their community and implementing changes that were being suggested.

July 18, 2014 7:50:35 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Yea, i have seen that, devs are grate... making addons that the community wants

Great game as i look at it

July 21, 2014 5:59:48 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

So any1 taken the game from steam?

July 21, 2014 8:05:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Zgubidan are you developer of the game? You registered and started talking about only this game. You talk the same way they do, and you put a smiley at the end of everything.

July 21, 2014 11:19:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's a really good game, but I just can't get to grips with the controls.  It's like trying to control a ice-cube with a stick.

July 22, 2014 9:28:44 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Naa, just have a lot of time now the summer has started

July 23, 2014 1:07:47 AM from Offworld Trading Company Forums Offworld Trading Company Forums

I own that game and its great!

July 23, 2014 10:41:25 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

U see, u dont need to be in dev to like it and play it

July 23, 2014 2:01:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Zgubidan,

Naa, just have a lot of time now the summer has started

I call bullshit. If you're a dev, just say it. You type just like the main forum posting dev over there. 

July 23, 2014 2:25:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,

Zgubidan are you developer of the game? You registered and started talking about only this game. You talk the same way they do, and you put a smiley at the end of everything.

To be fair his first comment was actually about something else on the forum. So my comment above was wrong.

It should be noted that devs from other publishers are actually welcome to talk about their games here, as far as I know. As long as they don't just talk about their own game and let the discussion lead its natural life. 

July 24, 2014 8:30:43 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Np, any1 can say what they need to say

Thats whay Romans had them, to kill the bad messenger

July 28, 2014 4:23:36 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Nice, was so suprised... gone to the vacation, and sume guys there from EU knew of SPG2

July 29, 2014 9:53:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So is this advertising or just a random guy that likes the game?

July 30, 2014 4:22:04 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Ahahaha

Now im the topic... making a good personal marketing

For sure could ask the dev team for a job now

July 31, 2014 6:13:15 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

GL with that, if u get any beta keys or originals, u know whom to call.

August 1, 2014 12:20:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Beta key, yes great way to get good posts...

August 7, 2014 7:23:47 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I hope so to get 10 of them soon, did ask the devs to be more giving

August 7, 2014 9:06:51 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Ok, i got a few left.

PM me for the key

August 8, 2014 3:55:06 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Thnx for the key, played it for 6h, and it looks really nice,

Will write u a review after some more gameplay

August 8, 2014 8:23:14 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Take a look at the new big update, its now v0.8... close to launch day

I see nice stuff added with different nebulas, with lightning effects. Must say love the new system thats about gathering blueprints to get superior weapons and to get special ships.

The game is getting better and better 

August 9, 2014 1:25:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Seriously, I wasn't expecting much, but this game is FANTASTIC. 

I'm having a crap ton of fun with it. This came out of nowhere for me. Seriously, Zgu, are you on the team? 

August 9, 2014 1:29:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I watched the video and it looked a bit grindy to me. What do you think?

Also, what's the largest ship you can pilot? They look to be more or less the same, but are there capital ships and such?

August 9, 2014 4:22:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It does not feel grindy whatsoever. I don't know how big the ships get. However, I'm having way more fun than I expected. 

August 11, 2014 10:05:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The ships are of different sizes, although admittedly, not by as much as what they probably should be.  It was put forward to the devs at one point to increase the scaling.  Although I think part of what contributes to the "same size" feel is that they all have the same rate of maneuverability (as of when I last played... they will eventually get their own rates).

The largest are the carriers/dreadnoughts, in terms of what you can pilot.  There are supposed to be larger, though....

August 11, 2014 10:40:17 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Nah, i would love to be in the team, but i just know the guys.

The thing with the ships is that they are scaled really diverse form small gunners to big carriers.

U think they are the same cose the view is 3rd person, but when u put your carrier next to a gunner or a corvet, ur like WoooW

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time: