Starpoint Gemini 2

Interesting space sim RPG

By on July 17, 2014 7:01:21 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Zgubidan

Join Date 07/2014
+1

Greetings erathlings,

Ill like to show u the game im all hyped about... Starpoint Gemini 2

www.starpointgemini.com

Its still in beta early access on steam, but i can i say it has grown on me. A nice space sim with RPG elements, upgrading your abilities, your ship/s (there is like 70 of them u can get) from gunners to big carrier class. A lot of stuff to do in a realy big universe that has no loading between sectors. U can trade, try some pirating, mining, or just usual "lats try to kill the one there ".

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/04/sta...access-preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljwmvweBXk8

Locked Post 46 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 12, 2014 5:27:57 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

So i took some pics from the game, that u guys dont need to argue Heheh

Here is that Scaling of yours, and its BIIIG

And some gunner to my carrier

August 13, 2014 4:28:14 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

So, any more key left?

August 13, 2014 4:46:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This may be a silly question, but I'd like to know how this game compares to Star Trek Online.  That's about the only game I've played in recent years with "in-depth" space exploration.

If anyone here has played both games, I'd like to know how space exploration compares, and how combat compares.  In STO, I enjoyed both aspects (strongest points of that game IMO).  If both areas are considerably improved in Starpoint Gemini 2, I'll likely be getting this. 

August 13, 2014 7:44:10 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Hmmm...

First u can compare STO to SPG cose, one is a MMO and this is a SP

But the tactical overlay with shields, and distribution of energy to the shields/speed/weapons is familiar to ST combat mechanics.

The game is a more tactical combat orientated then just shooting like in space sims.

And space exploration is more like Freelancer with galactic "highways", T-drive jumping and Wormholes, but ull like all the nebulas and asteroids on the way.

I hope i answered u good for a gamer?

Ask the devs, they surely know better

August 13, 2014 9:38:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Though, you CAN explore without any of those "highways', too. 

It has all of the good parts of STO's ship stuff, without all the dumb shit that it had.

August 14, 2014 4:06:32 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I cant say anything more...

Puss and Werewolf did it all

August 18, 2014 4:48:51 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Btw, one more key left... Sooo be quick

August 18, 2014 3:47:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Can I have it? I'd like to check it out!

August 19, 2014 9:51:32 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

And the last one gone, i hope the devs like my PR so i get a job in game dev

August 20, 2014 5:35:24 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Oh wow this looks really cool. Reminds me of Star Trek Starfleet command. 

Definitely going to check it out when it comes to release.

August 20, 2014 7:02:29 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

So i see, we have build our mini community here on the forums.

Its nice that we have found greatness in SPG2, it deserves it

August 21, 2014 7:42:25 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

So what do u guy and gals like and dislike in the game, what would you change or improve?

For example, i would like for T-Drive to have a trans-warp conduit, that u see where are u flying through

August 26, 2014 5:47:56 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Haha, so u need some more ST themed content. As i know, there are some nice ST mods on steam

August 29, 2014 4:22:50 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Never seen this game before, but when i wrote "space sim on steam" in google, it was in top 5.

And when you are after Freespace 2 on the list, its a Big thing.

So, should i buy this game? When is the release date?

September 1, 2014 4:42:17 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

The game should come out at the end of this month on Steam.

So if i were you, i would put it in my wish list

September 3, 2014 5:00:20 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Its done and awaiting it.

Found a friend that plays it, and she was like: Its better for u to buy it.

September 3, 2014 6:12:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

As much as I appreciate the feedback on this game, the fact that at least 3 people repeatedly posting in this thread (Zgubidan, SpacePuss, and StarShrimp) have specifically joined these forums to advertise the very game they're fawning over just... stinks a little.

This was very obvious with a glance at their post history, seeing that at this time they haven't said *a word* about GalCiv (all posting from the GalCiv forums) or anything else for that matter, only posting specifically to praise this game... save for a small fraction of posts by Zgubidan.  While this has already been noticed by others in the thread, I can't help but notice the accounts seem to be gradually multiplying.

If you want to come across as authentic human beings with genuine interest in this game (without clearly being compromised), you might want to spend a few minutes to post in unrelated topics, start unrelated threads where you aren't advertising something, or say something remotely critical about Starpoint Gemini.  OR, you can take the honest route, and say outright you're representing the Starpoint Gemini team in some fashion, even if your only contribution is to get word out (although this may be against forum rules, and if so, this would explain the deceptive nature of these posts). 

Otherwise, this just reeks of misleading, gross marketing tactics... which honestly doesn't bode well for your product.  

September 4, 2014 8:40:57 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Actual you are right, i come from time to time to the forum cose i like the game. But after better look on the posts, those 2 look like they are doing some "PR". Thats why i cant get the job They must have already peeps for that

September 14, 2014 2:12:35 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

And after my long inactivity.

Here are some nice news for the game: its coming out at 26 of September.

Today is a Daily deal on Steam for 13,79€... so buy it while they have it on stock

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236150/?snr=1_4_4__43

September 15, 2014 8:26:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Victor5,

As much as I appreciate the feedback on this game, the fact that at least 3 people repeatedly posting in this thread (Zgubidan, SpacePuss, and StarShrimp) have specifically joined these forums to advertise the very game they're fawning over just... stinks a little.

This was very obvious with a glance at their post history, seeing that at this time they haven't said *a word* about GalCiv (all posting from the GalCiv forums) or anything else for that matter, only posting specifically to praise this game... save for a small fraction of posts by Zgubidan.  While this has already been noticed by others in the thread, I can't help but notice the accounts seem to be gradually multiplying.

If you want to come across as authentic human beings with genuine interest in this game (without clearly being compromised), you might want to spend a few minutes to post in unrelated topics, start unrelated threads where you aren't advertising something, or say something remotely critical about Starpoint Gemini.  OR, you can take the honest route, and say outright you're representing the Starpoint Gemini team in some fashion, even if your only contribution is to get word out (although this may be against forum rules, and if so, this would explain the deceptive nature of these posts). 

Otherwise, this just reeks of misleading, gross marketing tactics... which honestly doesn't bode well for your product.  

Hmm, I tend to agree with statements like this, but I'll say as someone who HAS ABSOLUTELY NO STOCK IN THIS GAME and a long, long history of being on these forums, that Starpoint Gemini 2 is a shit ton fun. I do think their presence here is a little dubious, but I understand how hard it can be to advertise as an indie.  

It's Eve Online as a better single player game. One of the biggest surprise hits for me in a long, long time. 

September 16, 2014 8:13:46 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Thnx m8 for the vote of confidence

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: