[eMOD] Champion Bonanza - Version 1.3 compatible with LH 2.0

By on May 28, 2013 6:16:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hellions

Join Date 12/2012
+32

Champion Bonanza for Legendary Heroes

- "I weave the material for the outfit of your doom." (Mhoorsh, Spider Demon Queen)
    - "I thirst for a life of eating and being served while lying on a mountain of cushions." (Lobrubrah, Troll Shaman)

Version 1.3 compatible with LH 2.0

304 new champions to add to your Legendary Heroes games to play in the sandbox with the official ones (269 original champions and 35 by Stardock).

- Updates all of the 114 "Custom Champions Collection" units to LH standards
- Adds 155 new champions
- Adds the 35 "missing" Fallen Enchantress Champions created by Stardock and used by kind permission
- Features 14 new monster champions such as Vaglutta (Assassin Demon), Cernulnos Stoneheart (Sand Golem) and Lobrubrah (Troll Shaman)
- Includes 3 new quests which give... (try guessing )... champions as a reward (bet you didn't see that one coming) and two random events with two unique monsters (mean and hungry of course).     
- Also includes "Pillagers, Miscreants and Villains", an optional mini monster mod (6 new monsters and 5 monster lairs).

Here is the NexusMods page where it can be downloaded :

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallenenchantress/mods/1082/

Install instructions:

Extract the contents of the .zip file and place each folder as follows:

- Champion Bonanza ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods

- Champion Bonanza Medallions ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods/Gfx

Don't forget to "enable mods" and start a new game.

IMPORTANT NOTE #1: the file ChampionBonanzaDLC02.xml adds 6 champions with features from the Quest Pack DLC. Use this file ONLY if you have the DLC installed, otherwise the very foundation of the universe might be put in jeopardy.

IMPORTANT NOTE #2: the file ChampionBonanzaDLC04.xml adds 16 champions with features from the Dead World DLC. Use this file ONLY if you have the DLC installed, otherwise angry Undead types might come after you and yours.

To uninstall, simply delete the two folders. 

For Pillagers, Miscreants and Villains (optional install):

- Pillagers Miscreants and Villains --> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods

- Pillagers Miscreants and Villains Icons --> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods/Gfx

To uninstall, simply delete the two folders.

Alternate installation If you'd rather not run this as a mod:

Extract the contents of the .zip file and place each element into its appropriate folder:

- ChampionBonanza.xml ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Units

- ChampionBonanzaDLC02.xml ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Units - (once again use this additional file ONLY if you have the Quest Pack DLC installed).

- ChampionBonanzaDLC04.xml ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Units - (once again use this additional file ONLY if you have the Dead World DLC installed).

- FallenEnchantressChampions.xml ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Units

- The 15 .png medallions (example Medallion_Forgeron.png) ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Units/Icons - (required for the monster champions or they won't have a portrait)

- BonanzaQuests.xml ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Quests

- BonanzaEvents.xml ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Quests

To uninstall, just delete all the files.

Once the files have found their new home, restart the game and get ready for an invasion of new champions. No game rules are changed, it's only additional content.

The purpose of this mod is only to add diversity to the game and isn't meant to upset any sort of balance. The new champions should have the same number of abilities as their official counterparts. So typically:

Level 1: 2 skills, very rarely 3
Level 3: Path + 2 skills, rarely 3
Level 5: Path + 4 skills, very rarely 5
Level 7: Path + 6 skills, very rarely 7
Level 9: Path + 9 skills

Champions who don't have a blood type which gives bonuses (i.e. Altarian Blood) get a few more abilities to compensate (Elemental, Twisted, Undead..). 
Some champions don't follow their skill tree to the letter and get access to some abilities a bit sooner, usually to fit a specific theme. In the majority of cases, they are dead end skills anyway. Hey, if the official champs can do it, so can these new guys and gals.  

I've uploaded a list of all the champions in the image section with their stats (minus the equipment because I'm... well just because). Color blue for the version 1 champions, sickly greenish color for the 1.1 recruits and tangerine (ha) for the 1.2 rookies.

Optional files:

- Champion Bonanza compatible with Children of Storm

- Champion Bonanza compatible with Patchwork Mod. Many thanks to Webusver for his vision and patching magic.

- Champion Bonanza compatible with Patchwork Mod AND Children of Storm. Also works with Demons and Wizards (requires Webusver's compatibility patch to be found on the Patchwork Mod page).

Ok I think I'm done, hope you enjoy. 

69 Replies +3
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 28, 2013 9:19:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Awesome, looking forward to this.

May 28, 2013 9:46:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice, will install for my next game.

Can the AI get them as well?

May 28, 2013 10:25:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow.  That's a lot of champions.  I'll have to give this a shot.

May 29, 2013 2:02:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting jutetrea,

Can the AI get them as well?

Affirmative. They work exactly like the regular champions.

May 29, 2013 10:50:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

can we use this as a mod instead? nice work

May 29, 2013 11:22:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow!   This is great!

May 29, 2013 12:30:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Goodjob on This Mod, it should work well with other mods.

May 29, 2013 5:30:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks

Quoting crimsongekko,

can we use this as a mod instead? nice work

Yes you can run this as a mod if you prefer.

Create a new folder in the mods folder and place the two XML files in it. Then put the 10 PNG files into the "gfx" folder.

Enable mods and voilà.

June 1, 2013 10:59:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

great work man, thanks

June 3, 2013 3:42:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for trying it out. I'll have to squeeze some unofficial Druid in some future update. 

June 3, 2013 6:02:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hellions,
 Thanks for trying it out. I'll have to squeeze some unofficial Druid in some future update. 

If you refer to a sixth hero path type, then I very eagerly await your attempt.

June 4, 2013 4:58:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

HELL YEAH!

You saw my Druid Hero spam!  At least someone noticed it.

A Druid hero would rock!  

June 4, 2013 2:26:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ronin313,
HELL YEAH!

You saw my Druid Hero spam!  At least someone noticed it.

A Druid hero would rock!  

Although, imo, if a Druid hero were to be made the 'beastlord' may be the direction it should go. Combine Beastlord with the ability to summon natural creatures, lions, tigers, and bears...oh my. Also, I think it would be cool to receive a Collar when to choose Druid....to get you started.

June 4, 2013 4:21:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

If you refer to a sixth hero path type, then I very eagerly await your attempt.

Egads! No, no, no, nothing of that kind. Not another 60 hours + project  

I agree that a Druid path with truly original skills and spells would be a great addition. Along with your tactical suggestions, I could see strategic spells affecting the land such as growing forests, diverting rivers and increasing tile yields.

June 11, 2013 9:33:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Maybe a slight problem with this mod, though I'm running a couple of other mods (CoS & Heroic Pursuits).

Late in the game, at 800 fame, two heroes were presented to me and both were lvl 1.

At the 400 fame mark, the hero I chose was of appropriate lvl, or at least not lvl 1. I'm thinking around lvl 5.

Anyway, I've just updated all mods and going to start a new game and see if I can duplicate the problem.

June 12, 2013 3:46:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What you describe is actually how it works in the standard game.

At 3 fame --> Level 1 champions
At 50 fame --> Level 3 champions
At 100 fame --> Level 5 champions
At 200 fame --> Level 7 champions
At 400 fame --> Level 9 champions
At 800 and beyond --> draws from the entire pool of champions, meaning you randomly get any of the above levels

The last time I reached 800 fame, I had the choice between a level 5 and and level 9.

Maybe this should be addressed by the developers as very low level champs so late in the game are - needless to say - next to useless. Plus reaching such high levels of fame to get a complete rookie is underwhelming.

June 12, 2013 4:02:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hellions,

Maybe this should be addressed by the developers as very low level champs so late in the game are - needless to say - next to useless. Plus reaching such high levels of fame to get a complete rookie is underwhelming.

But just think, even with the xp split, if a low level hero survives a deadly or epic combat, he's going to level up ... like 6 - 10 times. You'd get to design you champion!

June 12, 2013 6:49:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Babysitting on the battlefield? Well there's no denying that keeping a level 1 champ alive under those conditions would be a fun challenge, especially as the AI seems inclined to gun for weaker units (aka the arrow magnets).

June 13, 2013 1:58:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the reply, glad it is "working as designed".

I can live with GFireflyE's explanation.

June 30, 2013 6:58:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

been trying to DL this from the nexus for 2 days, constantly getting the same error off multiple servers: the server is struggling with this file.

I suspect that since the nexus directs me to the forums to report the error, and forum posts require a paid membership, the "error" is little more than a cash grab.

Is this mod hosted anywhere more publically available?

June 30, 2013 9:06:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah given the huge amount of traffic, the Nexus servers can sometimes be on the fritz. It's those Skyrim users again.   OTOH, you don't need a premium account to post on the forums. It's free.

Anyway, the file is not hosted anywhere else. Send me a private message with an email address and I'll forward it to you the "old-fashioned" way.

July 1, 2013 11:46:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Xexamedes,

been trying to DL this from the nexus for 2 days, constantly getting the same error off multiple servers: the server is struggling with this file.

I suspect that since the nexus directs me to the forums to report the error, and forum posts require a paid membership, the "error" is little more than a cash grab.

Is this mod hosted anywhere more publically available?

I'm having the same problem as well.  Would like to try out this mod.

My email is: mmorpg4ewd@gmail.com

Thanks!

July 13, 2013 12:35:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bug Report:  I am not sure why, but when I reached 800 fame, it offered me two 3rd level heroes, specifically, Rosa Thorne and Brother Garv.  At 800 fame, I should be getting a 9th level hero, if memory serves.

Edit:  After reading above, it looks like this is "normal" and by that I mean stupid.  I had the choice between two level threes.  I chose one a promptly sat her in a city.  What a waste of time. 

July 13, 2013 2:47:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Check out posts 15 through 19 in this thread which deal with this very subject. Working as intended but I can't claim any credit or demerit for it. 

July 13, 2013 2:54:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, I just realized it's "as designed" by which I mean lame.

This mod is awesome, by the way.  Thanks for putting it together.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000906   Page Render Time: