[eMOD] Champion Bonanza - Version 1.3 compatible with LH 2.0

By on May 28, 2013 6:16:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hellions

Join Date 12/2012
+32

Champion Bonanza for Legendary Heroes

- "I weave the material for the outfit of your doom." (Mhoorsh, Spider Demon Queen)
    - "I thirst for a life of eating and being served while lying on a mountain of cushions." (Lobrubrah, Troll Shaman)

Version 1.3 compatible with LH 2.0

304 new champions to add to your Legendary Heroes games to play in the sandbox with the official ones (269 original champions and 35 by Stardock).

- Updates all of the 114 "Custom Champions Collection" units to LH standards
- Adds 155 new champions
- Adds the 35 "missing" Fallen Enchantress Champions created by Stardock and used by kind permission
- Features 14 new monster champions such as Vaglutta (Assassin Demon), Cernulnos Stoneheart (Sand Golem) and Lobrubrah (Troll Shaman)
- Includes 3 new quests which give... (try guessing )... champions as a reward (bet you didn't see that one coming) and two random events with two unique monsters (mean and hungry of course).     
- Also includes "Pillagers, Miscreants and Villains", an optional mini monster mod (6 new monsters and 5 monster lairs).

Here is the NexusMods page where it can be downloaded :

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallenenchantress/mods/1082/

Install instructions:

Extract the contents of the .zip file and place each folder as follows:

- Champion Bonanza ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods

- Champion Bonanza Medallions ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods/Gfx

Don't forget to "enable mods" and start a new game.

IMPORTANT NOTE #1: the file ChampionBonanzaDLC02.xml adds 6 champions with features from the Quest Pack DLC. Use this file ONLY if you have the DLC installed, otherwise the very foundation of the universe might be put in jeopardy.

IMPORTANT NOTE #2: the file ChampionBonanzaDLC04.xml adds 16 champions with features from the Dead World DLC. Use this file ONLY if you have the DLC installed, otherwise angry Undead types might come after you and yours.

To uninstall, simply delete the two folders. 

For Pillagers, Miscreants and Villains (optional install):

- Pillagers Miscreants and Villains --> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods

- Pillagers Miscreants and Villains Icons --> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods/Gfx

To uninstall, simply delete the two folders.

Alternate installation If you'd rather not run this as a mod:

Extract the contents of the .zip file and place each element into its appropriate folder:

- ChampionBonanza.xml ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Units

- ChampionBonanzaDLC02.xml ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Units - (once again use this additional file ONLY if you have the Quest Pack DLC installed).

- ChampionBonanzaDLC04.xml ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Units - (once again use this additional file ONLY if you have the Dead World DLC installed).

- FallenEnchantressChampions.xml ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Units

- The 15 .png medallions (example Medallion_Forgeron.png) ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Units/Icons - (required for the monster champions or they won't have a portrait)

- BonanzaQuests.xml ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Quests

- BonanzaEvents.xml ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Quests

To uninstall, just delete all the files.

Once the files have found their new home, restart the game and get ready for an invasion of new champions. No game rules are changed, it's only additional content.

The purpose of this mod is only to add diversity to the game and isn't meant to upset any sort of balance. The new champions should have the same number of abilities as their official counterparts. So typically:

Level 1: 2 skills, very rarely 3
Level 3: Path + 2 skills, rarely 3
Level 5: Path + 4 skills, very rarely 5
Level 7: Path + 6 skills, very rarely 7
Level 9: Path + 9 skills

Champions who don't have a blood type which gives bonuses (i.e. Altarian Blood) get a few more abilities to compensate (Elemental, Twisted, Undead..). 
Some champions don't follow their skill tree to the letter and get access to some abilities a bit sooner, usually to fit a specific theme. In the majority of cases, they are dead end skills anyway. Hey, if the official champs can do it, so can these new guys and gals.  

I've uploaded a list of all the champions in the image section with their stats (minus the equipment because I'm... well just because). Color blue for the version 1 champions, sickly greenish color for the 1.1 recruits and tangerine (ha) for the 1.2 rookies.

Optional files:

- Champion Bonanza compatible with Children of Storm

- Champion Bonanza compatible with Patchwork Mod. Many thanks to Webusver for his vision and patching magic.

- Champion Bonanza compatible with Patchwork Mod AND Children of Storm. Also works with Demons and Wizards (requires Webusver's compatibility patch to be found on the Patchwork Mod page).

Ok I think I'm done, hope you enjoy. 

69 Replies +3
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 24, 2014 1:47:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bug Report: AI has the champion Sventho, and he stops combat. When it is his turn to act he takes no action. Combat can be auto-resolved. The game isn't frozen, the AI just won't take action with him.

May 24, 2014 4:34:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The problem is easy to pinpoint. Sventho is one of the 6 champions included in the ChampionBonanzaDLC02.xml file which will only work properly if you have the Quest Pack DLC installed (see the instructions). The missing "ninja animation pack" that comes with the DLC is what's causing the issue in this case.

May 29, 2014 12:48:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hellions,

The problem is easy to pinpoint. Sventho is one of the 6 champions included in the ChampionBonanzaDLC02.xml file which will only work properly if you have the Quest Pack DLC installed (see the instructions). The missing "ninja animation pack" that comes with the DLC is what's causing the issue in this case.

Thanks, I guess that's what I get for skimming the instructions and not reading something labeled "IMPORTANT NOTE."

June 8, 2014 1:46:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

i cant seem to get this to work at all, i have all the dlc (was on sale) and the mod version that works with cos mod. but none of this mods content appears in the game...i followed the install instructions. what am i doing wrong =s

June 8, 2014 7:49:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey midobatsu,

An easy way to check whether Champion Bonanza is active is to load up the list of monsters in the Hiergamenon. If the Amethyst Automaton and Yellowbelly appear in the list with their portraits then there is a good chance the mod is properly installed.

From your question, I understand that CoS is running without any difficulties? Installing CB is a similar process.
The folder "Champion Bonanza" which contains 4 XML files should be placed in your Mods folder (My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods).
"Champion Bonanza Medallions" should be dropped in the "gfx" folder (which is automatically generated in the Mods folder) .

Improbable probability thing: CoS adds its own set of champions and along with the vanilla ones, there is always the chance that they managed to fill all the positions at the fame milestones when new champions appear, edging out the CB ones.

Let me know if a problem persists.

June 8, 2014 12:25:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

alright, well i do have everything in the right place. what i did notice is when i installed the cos mod the original 10 or so vanilla champions you can pick at start are gone so all thats there are the champions you get from cos and the champs you get for the dead world and leader dlc

June 8, 2014 2:08:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting midobatsu,
alright, well i do have everything in the right place. what i did notice is when i installed the cos mod the original 10 or so vanilla champions you can pick at start are gone so all thats there are the champions you get from cos and the champs you get for the dead world and leader dlc

What you refer to as "Champions" are actually Sovereigns. The Vanilla Sovereigns are removed by Children of Storm, but can be restored if you remove the \ChildrenOfStorm_NoVanillaSov\ folder.

The Champions can be found in-game, through questing, fame, etc.

June 8, 2014 2:43:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

so how do i check my Hiergamenon?

June 8, 2014 3:11:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

After starting a game: Top-right corner of the User Interface - Question Mark within a circle.

June 9, 2014 12:31:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

oh ok its working my bad =s

July 19, 2014 2:14:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just started a game with this, amazing job - some really cool champions popping up, and all seems to be working with 1.7 beta so far.

July 20, 2014 4:50:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks a lot!

Champion Bonanza is indeed already compatible with LH 1.7. There is now one or two champions illegally using a class restricted item but it's a... err... feature? 

August 16, 2014 5:18:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated to version 1.3 compatible with LH 1.7
Now a total of 304 Champions.

1.3 Changelog
- 16 new "Blood Undead" champions (requires Dead World DLC)
- Adds the 35 "missing" Fallen Enchantress Champions (with kind permission from Stardock)
- Includes "Pillagers, Miscreants and Villains", an optional mini-mod which adds 6 monsters and 5 monster lairs
- Some XML clean-up

Changes to previous champions
Level 3 Mage Kolkulus Broiledbones: corrected his allegiance back to Empire (was erroneously set to Kingdom)
Level 9 Defender Orwen Corundum trades his Sharp Longsword for a Legendary Broadsword (the former being Assassin only)
Level 9 Defender Sir Vermund Rustbucket trades his Sharp Longsword for a Shadow Broadsword (the former being Assassin only)
Level 9 Defender Tarrask Sorgard: removed the Merchant1 ability which had somehow crept in the Vanilla version

Now to be more specific.
The Dead World DLC champions (ChampionBonanzaDLC04) and Fallen Enchantress champions come in separate files and installing them is completely optional. For the FE Champs, I did as little tinkering as possible with them, only adding skills where needed to get the appropriate number and removing obsolete stuff.

"Pillagers, Miscreants and Villains" whose installation is also completely optional, adds six new monsters: the four Free Rider units from the official "Lost Eye" quest, the Hoarfrost Concubine and the Ice Shrill. These monsters will spawn randomly on the map with their lairs. The basic Free Rider camp will upgrade twice over time, the other two remain static (they are frozen after all).

No updated Patchwork Mod version at this time.

Special thanks once again to Primal_Savage for encouraging me to keep my XML clean, for trading ideas and for his enthusiasm.

August 16, 2014 7:39:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Included old FE champions? Cool!

Updating my version.

December 15, 2015 7:40:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

*Anxiously awaits the next awesome Champion Bonanza iteration* 

January 22, 2016 7:39:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is this mod compatible with LH 2.0 ?

January 23, 2016 12:07:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

*Anxiously awaits the next awesome Champion Bonanza iteration* 

I'm not sure but I think I might have started on an update. How's that for commitment?

Quoting GFireflyE,

Is this mod compatible with LH 2.0 ?

Yes it's 100% compatible. None of the LH 2.0 changes affect the mod. I'll update the thread to reflect this.

April 3, 2016 9:58:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just wanted to post some pictures of this sublime mod (Click picture for larger version):

Just in case you skipped them, you should really read the quotes! Hellions and davrovana are two of the best writers around here and Hellions sure did an outstanding job with these Champions.

Well, that's that, just thought this thread deserved some activity

May 18, 2016 9:46:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

(Click picture for larger version)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: