This Mod changes and adds scenery graphics, mostly changes to tree and foliage textures but also enhancements to the look of mountains and water. Because in a typical game of FELH some Terrain, Forest and Water graphics spend a lot of time and space on-screen the aim was to add color and detail to these, whilst keeping changes suitable to the murky style of the original.
For full details of changes see the Readme file in the mod download; features in brief are:
- Changes to most of the forest tree / foliage textures, and many forest tiles, and added new textures and tiles, to put more colourful and detailed foliage in FELH’s 3D-view scenery
- Changes to Mountains including shape to make them look more jagged
- Changes to Sea and Rivers to add semi-transparency, color fade with depth in Sea
- Texture changes to Cliffs
- Miscellaneous other minor enhancements, such as removal of artefacts from some transparent plant textures
The Mod changes are seen best on newly generated maps; I recommend trying out for taste by generating a few maps in the Map Editor (“Cartographer’s Table”) and zooming in to view new detail.
Colourful Autumnal Forests on Kingdom Land:
More Jagged Mountains with different texture depending on environment (first screen below shows Fallen mountain):
Palm Trees in the Desert(!):
Changes to other trees (screens below are Swamp and Barren Forest):
Sea has more faded transparency at shorelines, and other changes including whiter appearance of waterfalls:
Download from Nexus Mods:
To Stardock, of course, for producing such an ambitious game and keeping it highly moddable so I could have fun decorating it.
Also to mttriglav from whose “Triglav National Park” mod I started finding out how some of this was done.