First of all - thank you, StarDock for working on this game, it look very promising.
Here are my concerns and observations of big picture - features and mechanics that have strong impact on game experience.
1. The real difference from FE:LH is crafting and, maybe, logistics. Thats good, but IMO not enough. One big enemy with some lesser fractions fiddling around really doesn't feel that different. Battles are not something new, too, though completely different ones were advertised. Hope something will change here.
2. That crafting thing is amazing!
3. Speed of units. It's nice to have sane global speed at last, but... Tactical battles are completely broken. Infantry makes halve of battlefield in one turn and cavalry can get virtually anywhere. There is no tactic that way. I guess, some buffs should only work on global map and sovereign skill buffs should be more limited somehow (warlord-only, perhaps?)
4. Battle magic. Now we have pioneers burning their way to rich areas on the one side and mages not being special about magic on the other side. May be ordinary troops should have really low spell mastery, or increased spell costs (or both).
5. Stats scaling with level. Feels very right that way (different units have different stats scaling). Good job!
6. Bugs. It's ok to have bugs in beta, of course. But. Many of those bugs are there from FE (or even longer, I haven't played WoM). They are there for years, and that makes me sad. Because it feels like they will be there for another few years. New features are awsome, but overall quality is also very important!
I'm not here to just runt. I'm looking for a great game to play, and I hope SK will become one eventually (and that my feedback will help).
Edit: sorry, forgot another major one:
7. Humor. I hope it is just placeholder in demo. Because it feels inappropriate, and just does not fit in to the game, IMO.