I haven't been playing much recently, as I thought 1.8.h was soon to come, but I do have another set of topics regardless. If anyone else can confirm or otherwise answer some of the questions, that'd be awesome
- The Evoker unit that comes from the Escaped Darklings quest spawns with the vanguard in the front of tactical battles, but is pretty clearly meant to be a spellcaster type; it should spawn in the back.
- I tried removing the Essential Essence module from the AI at one point by renaming XAI_Essence.xml to XAI_Essence.NO, but the AI still had that floating cube and essence = 3 in all of their cities in new games.
- Unlike the Burning/Frozen lands, Curgen's Tomb invariably clears stupidly early as AI can waltz around mobs to loot the lairs, while it's still full of mobs. Is it possible to make the Storm Dragon its Guardian to prevent it being "cleared" (while definitely not clear), or is that beyond the scope of what's possible though modding?
- Rivers in the Shroud Wildlands revert to plains when Deocnysse is taken, but their image on the map does not- gamewise it's plains, graphics it's river. (I don't remember if this is a vanilla bug or not, and though I suspect it is I thought to mention it here anyway)
- While staring at Lord Vi's balls is kinda funny, is there a way to show him (and other off-sized sovereigns) properly in dialog? If not, fine, but curious
- A couple times I got world shrines to spawn outside of wildlands. Is this an intentional feature of the higher tier resource generation worlds? It's cool to have the Pit of Seraph right next my spawn, but I don't know man... I don't feel like I earned it, you know? Supposed to belong in the Burning (or ex-burning) Lands?
- Also, what's the purpose of Deocnysse anyway? While it has high base resource stats, it can't specialize into a conclave/fort/town, making it a kinda weak overall. Also, its defenders aren't very strong either (roughly equivalent to the Darkling Overseer mobs wandering The Shroud), leading to an early clearing, though not quite as bad as Curgen's Tomb.
- The hovertext for map sizes in the game setup is off. Tiny [64x48] has text of "An[?] large and possible snaky map, recommended for 4-7 players", Small -> gigantic and 6-9, mid -> colossal and 8-12, large -> gargantum, huge -> titanic, small/snaky -> 2, etc.
- What does snaky try to do anyhow? I tried it twice, but it just gave me maps with land in 1/4 the map area, basically leaving 3/4 useless water.
- What is the point of the ninja class? I haven't really used it much, but it doesn't seem to have many unique features to it besides spawning you the assassin gear.
- What's the purpose of Night of the Long Knives vs Steal Spirit? Knives uses 5x the mana, and though it works on an army, it's only better if you have 5 champions with spellranks you need to steal?
I've said it before, but I'll keep reiterating: Primal, this mod is incredible!