First off, I'd like to say that after Derek follows through with his promise to remove the bunny slippers as a random drop and make them sovereign-selection only, I WILL BUY THE LOOT DLC. In the future, please make the gag items optional.
Second, here are some ideas for DLC that I would purchase in a heartbeat:
1) More Mounts - I love Bonesplitter and if you made a mounts DLC, i.e. panthers, black fire horses, pegasi (plural pegasus?), lizards, rhinos, whatever, I'd buy it. As long as they weren't ridiculous. Seriously, though, this is a must.
2) Spells, spells, and more spells! More spells for each of the elements and make then tactical AND strategic and I WILL BUY IT.
3) A new faction or two.
4) More technologies. leading to more items/units/buildings/WONDERS
5) Hell, more wonders in general.
6) More random events. More Badlands. MORE MONSTERS!
7) All of the above.
Seriously, I'd buy each of these if you made them. Keep the tone in line with the tone you've already set. I understand easter eggs, but I don't want cutesy shit in my Elemental world. If you can provide any or all of these in your DLC's, or just make another expansion with all of these, I'd be one happy customer.
I am already, but I'd be even happier
derek promised to remove the bunny slippers? How disappointing.
- more exotic mounts would be amazing. Griffins. Unicorns. naga. Etc.
- While spells would be fantastic, I would be Leary as any and all spells made should be carefully designed and balanced. In addition, each of the magic types should remain unique, such that choosing any type gives you access to all potential should not be possible.
- Another Wildland or two would be fantastic, but an overhaul in how wild lands operate would also be welcome. Wild lands should expand overtime, showing the ancient titans trying to take control of Elemental again... Like it shows in the opening cutscene. To accomplish this, I offer the idea that each Wildland consist of a series of nodes at hat each have a ZoC. These nodes each have their ZoC expand perodically. By conquering a noe, you reduce the size of the Wildland...so long as there were no overlapping ZoC effects from other nodes nearby, and you also increase the anger of the Wildland boss. It too would have a diplomacy setting...though against all factions. The more the land is attacked, the more aggressive the Wildland creatures become. In addition, if your city iron outposts are enveloped by the Wildland, there could be battles, and if lost, they become new nodes for the Wildland, expanding...
- Would love it if the concept was also tied in with more mercenary types and an overhaul in how the current merc system works. I should have the choice/decision to make of when to build my units. They should not automatically build. I should have the ability to destroy a built merc camp. More merc types would also be very welcome. I don't mind it if the merc units cost upkeep (in gp and/or mana), but the player should retain the choice of when and if he wants to build the units then.
- I would not be in favor of changing the tech tree or adding more wonders unless SD changed the way wonders were made to be in line with the civ 4 method...something that Brad has already said he does not favor.