Based on Frogboy's latest post as well as the original posts (including the FAQ), here is what we know about LH:
1. The beta may start this week.
2. The hero recuitment system will change from them being placed on the map to the heroes approaching you based on fame. A few will be the result of quests.
3. The champion progression system will change.
4. Shadow effects have been implemented.
5. New tactical combat options: swarm, closer initial placement.
6. New monster types. Two: Banshee and Garagox were mentioned.
7. New spells and abilities. Wall of fire, Raise skeletal horde, wraith touch, rush were all mentioned.
8. A new scenario.
9. Other graphics changes (in addition to shadow effects).
10. Non human champions.
A. Other players, what did I miss in the above?
B. Stardock, are there other changes you could tell us about in LH while we wait?