Hello, this suggestion was originated in the thread https://forums.elementalgame.com/440710 (Resource Carryover). That's the suggestion:
Currently, when a city produces more than what is needed to finish the current building/unit, the rest is wasted. That produces waste or, if a player wants to avoid it, unwanted micromangement. So the proposal is to change that behaviour, according to city type_
- If the city is a Fortress, the excess production is directly carried over to the new building/unit.
- If the city is a Conclave, the excess is converted in Research.
- If the city is a Town, the excess is converted in Gildar.
Also, if there queue is empty, the next project is automatically selected:
- For a Fortress, the production is converted in XP that are evenly distributed among city defenders and any stationed units.
- For a Conclave, research is automatically selected.
- For a Town, gildar is automatically selected.
So no city will ever be idle, even if the player forgets about that city.