I have played several games since FE has been released and it dawned on me that every game so far is like watching a Demolition Derby. Every game turns out to be a free-for-all.
This begs a few questions:
1) What relevance does factors in "Relationship with us" really have?
* They seem to have very little or no impact on relations due to all games ending up in a free-for-all
2) What good does it do to enter a non-aggression pact and treaties if the AI does not ever honor them?
* If the AI declares war on me the turn after I agree to a non-aggression pact then I have to assume the AI treats other AI's the same way
3) Why have Allegiance's if Allegiance's are meaningless?
* It seems to make no difference whether you are the same allegiance or not
4) Is the "Alliance" tech too deep in the Tech Tree?
* It seems the best way to avoid all games ending up in a Free-For-All would be to move the Alliance Tech up in the Tech Tree
It just seems that games would be more interesting if "Relationships With Us" would have more relevance and impact.
Employing the Strategy of "Turtling-Up" and watching the AI's beat up on each other similar to watching a Demolition Derby gets old.
Surely this can be improved.
FE is a great game, I think Stardock is inches from hitting this title out of the park and they deserve a great deal of credit
Diplomacy is lacking however. I am hopeful they will improve on this.