A little context leading up to this situation. I had just lost a single, lone juggernaut, which got ambushed by a flame lord.
Elsewhere on the map, i had lord relias, alone, he had move orders to go to a tile just below a northern city which was about 20 tiles away from where he was.
and elsewhere, an army of 4 units including my soverign, with no move orders. At this point, my maximum army size was 5, so that army had one space in it. These two armies were my only units outside of cities.
I cast call of the titans on the tile where lord relias was moving to (the destination of his move order). The following things happened.
1. My 4-unit army appeared on the tile, but it now contained 5 units. The fifth unit was a City Militia. Those are never found outside cities, so this makes no sense.
2. The model of a juggernaut appeared on the tile, but no juggernaut was actually there. I checked clicking through the tile a few times.
3. In a seperate army, lord relias appeared alone on the same tile
The next turn, the following things happened:
1. The city militia unit vanished from the army.
2. The juggernaut model disappeared
3. During the loading between turns phase, lord relias' model ran away to the south even though he had no move orders. When the next turn arrived, he was located far to the southwest (about 15 tiles away) with move orders to take him back to where i cast the spell previously.
This is the first time i've ever cast this spell, but i'm pretty sure the things i've observed here shouldn't be happening. i've no ideas what caused them