since I like the item system a lot and think it need many more options, both for trained units and heros, I will start a mod with the aim of increasing gameplay choices and diversity in that section. I will only ADD items, not rebalance/fix/remove them, so that my mod will be fully compatible to vanilla and other mods.
If you care for it it'd be great if you wrote what kinds of new items you want, what you think is missing and what you think about my plans. Note that these are ideas right now and the exact name, values and prequesites are still not decided upon.
- Padded Cloth (available from the beginning, only body armor with less weight and defense than leather)
- Studded Leather / Brigantine (intermediate between leather and chain)
New Jewelry with
- tactical Health Regen
- Mana Regen (maybe tactical, if possible - probably Hero only)
- +Influence/turn (for governor types)
- +elemental damage with opposite weakness (i.e. +5 fire damage, +15 cold weakness)
- Advanced Daggers (higher damage, +crit damage/chance, +initiative; several options with more advanced techs)
- Basic Sword (before Shortsword and weaker than that)
- Dual-wielded weapons (built as a single 2-handed weapon with backswing, initiative/damage/weight in between 1H and 2H, maybe small accuracy debuff - balancing with damage needed here; properties according to dagger/sword/axe type)
- Basic bow
- Maybe: Slingshot (blunt ranged weapon), Crossbow (pierce with Armor Penetration), advanced Staves
After that I have ideas for Hero items (not available for training) with a little more complex properties.
- Increased melee/ranged damage per shard
- Health regen per life shard
- Haste on army for the first few turns of a fight (also other buffs and debuffs on enemy)