My impression/bugs list after playing through 200+turns on insane world/expert Ai's/large map/all dense/terrifying monsters:
- palace - messed up tooltip info: faction prestige -20 -> +1
- scarce gold - I have right now 8 cities, and taxes on medium in order not to go into negative. I never upgrade units, it is cheaper just to spend 2 turns producing new unit with all the bonuses of a fortress than to pay 75g for each unit's upgrade. It will cost me couple hundred just to pay for all units. If you do not have constant cash flow from taking over lairs, money is an issue. Cities alone right now are unable to provide stable economy and maintain good army. We have lots of buildings providing bonuses to production, but very few to gold. I think also towns should give more gildar. Let's say +4 for lvl 2, +8 for lvl 3 etc.
- i propose that hero's equipment to be cheap. I cannot even now afforded horses for heroes, whereas i am fielding lots of cavalry. I think anything you can produce should be cheap.
-perks for units: good only for the very early game (on insane world not even). There is only one combination that is really good: +10 accuracy, +1 attack +15 witght and +10 hp (or +20 weight for heavy troops). A lot of perks offers bonus just for first 1-3 turns. Since fights are intended to last long, they are basically useless. All the perks that speed up units like charge are not so useful in this mod, since it still takes a long time to take down anything. I can rush to archers, but then i have to bush them for 10 turns to kill them (meanwhile i am slaughter by defenses). Also bansai perk is also weird: when troop is down to 25% of hp, usually its attack is very low and +9 does not help much. It would be better something like 'hard to kill': +5 dodge/+5 initiative and +10/+20 dodge for correspondingly 50%/75% of hp.
Ideas of perks: +10 critical chance, +10% of ignore damage defense, +50% chance of extra counter attack (or even +1 to counter attack), +15% chance of double strike or true strike or ignore defense or stun, +1 move/+5 attack after each kill, doing critical strike as a counter attack to a critical strike received, life on hit, +20% of extra attack etc. More choice the better.
- knives should be renamed to 'daze'. That's what they do to enemy AI that insists to use them whenever they are available, even though they do no damage. Damage should be shown (tooltips says nothing) and be way more up. Here is another idea for perk: knife thrower (+500% damage to knives & cool-down 2 turns $ 20% chance of stunning throw), or poisonous knives etc.
- units like sand golem, summons etc. should have also attack bonus per level. It will make them useful in a middle game as well.
- middle-late research is very slow. It is a cool idea, except that AI cheats/trades with others non stop. As result playing on expert and having 4x number of cities, and more research i am waaaay behind AI's. I am having 6 troops per army, 4 units troops and AI has already 9 & 7. And this is on expert. In vanilla such a difference rarely happens, and even if it does, you catch up quickly, right now all my researchers are 20+ turns ...
- problem with cities: i thought i have problem conquering cities b/c i played on ridiculous last game. Nope. Since AI is so fast with research and city development their cities are unconquerable during the middle game. Especially if they have 7 catapults parked there plus 15+ militia troops etc. Balance is screwed. I am not sure, whether it means we are encouraged to play on normal alone or just wait till end game to attempt conquering other AI's. Siege equipment early on would be nice too. Another problem are enormous bonuses defending troops get in a city 40+hp. Not rare is to see militia knights having 800+hp. Fireball is a joke with such defenses.
- catapults are OP. They should be going down quickly when surrounded by my troops, yet they shoot aiming at themselves attacking all the troops around them. They have way too much hp and defense, should have instead good air-dodge and spell res, but -20 normal dodge. When troops attack them they should always hit. For now they are like a small dragon rather than catapults ....
- i am continuously attacked in cities covered by wardens and having nightwatch build in them. Incredibly annoying. I have been doing tests, only weak cities are attacked and if I reinforce defense city is ignored. Hence, nightwatch does not work at times (it is not that monsters randomly walk in mine city).
It is a long post but i am going to take a break till they fix path-finding problems and other bugs, i am just tired of crushes/re-loading process...