I had a band of heroes trashing all that came before them. Altar was dying by my sword and magic. But unknown to me, my territory at home was expanding towards a rather grumpy umberdroth, which proceeded to tear apart my defences and raze my second city. My heroes could have taken it down but were too far away. Meanwhile I had a spelled up army but my mana levels were low and I feared being overwhelmed by Altar's larger armies and...oops.
I was having too much fun. Dammit Frogboy this is meant to be a beta!
Comments so far:
1. No crashes! Very stable so far.
2. Sometimes a random green movement square is left after the heroes leave the square. I think it is something to do with starting a quest (there is something on the tile before).
3. It is too easy to accidentally not build anything. This needs to be sorted, since it is frustrating to accidentally miss off a city and research nothing.
4. Heroes are OP early on. You can get a massively levelled up hero band well before you can get decent soldiers to counteract them.
5. Various other graphical glitches but these have already been reported.
6. When placing an outpost, can potential region of influence be highlighted before placing it? It is very easy to place an outpost one place away from where you intend (so a resource is outside your borders), which is very frustrating.