Ok, so summary of Cylon (and a few additional ideas that I have thrown in):
- Cylons start with an operational Resurrection Hub, but do not currently have the knowledge to rebuild it from game start, if it is destroyed. They will be able to unlock the resurrection hub design later down the track.
- “Resurrection” Basic ability at game start for the Hub. Passive ability. Allows a player to “resurrect” the last destroyed capital ship at 25% reduced production cost. No experience returned.
- “Enhanced Resurrection” Passive ability. Allows player to “resurrect” the last destroyed capital ship at 50% reduced production cost. 50% of experience returned.
- “Ultimate Resurrection” Ultimate Cylon passive ability (final research tier). Allows player to “resurrect” the last destroyed capital ship. 100% experience returned.
Resurrection Hub (tier 3) --> Basic Resurrection (tier 4) ---> Enhanced Resurrection (tier 6) ---> Ultimate Resurrection (final tier ultimate ability)
- Give Armada ability to Resurrection Ships. This ability can only be used if the Resurrection Hub exists. Resurrection ships can only resurrect non capital class ships and there must be some kind of limit here. You also stated “The Resurrection Ship itself should have abilities that boost the Cylon fleet's performance in addition to the colonize ability. For example: increasing strikecraft dps could be an option as the cylons get fidgety if they think they are out of range of resurrection. Maybe resurrect strikecraft as the AM required ability.”
- Z, you stated – “One thing that is important to me is the AI is able to successfully use resurrection. I have an idea on how to make this work for the AI taking advantage of how Abilities and Buffs work so the AI won't target Capitals that have previously been Resurrected.”
- The Resurrection Hub is another type of star base for the Cylons. Not really a super weapon.
- Viruses could make up a large part of Cylon research. There could even be an entire Cylon research tree dedicated to Viruses/Espionage? The below viruses can be unlocked for different ships (capitals?):
Disorientate: Ship goes offline and drifts for a few seconds.
Logic Bomb: Causes damage to a ship over time (overloads systems etc)
Disable: Disables a structure for a period of time.
Disrupt systems: Decrease combat effectiveness of targeted ship/reduces hull strength
Total System subversion: Completely takes over an enemy ship. Long cooldown period. Same as “Advent Domination” ability.
Advanced firewalls: Reduces the impact of enemy culture and propaganda on the cylon populace.
Disrupt Dradis: Ship cannot lock on to target effectively for a period of time.
Superluminal bomb: Slows FTL jumps
Infiltration: Tracks a ship for a period of time i.e. is visible.
Description: Cylon Raiders attempt to Land on and disrupt an enemy vessel.
Use: Boarding parties effectively lower a ships efficiency (ie, lower damage done / shields / movement etc)
"Grants the Heavy Fallout ability to the Cylon Siegestar and Basestars, which causes planets they bombard to have reduced population growth for a period of time."
"Cylon scout ships in danger deploy a Tracking Beacon, which provides vision at a location for some time even after the scout perishes there."
"Improved Hybrid Systems"
"Onboard hybrid systems are perfected, allowing Cylon capital ships to reach higher levels of experience."
for culture improvements (or a decreased cost of structures due to increased labour)
"Total Centurion Allegiance"
"An advanced allegiance algorithm is programmed in to the Centurions, increasing their allegiance to the united Cylon cause."
Could the following ability be given to the Cylon scout ship?
"Cylon Agent Infiltration"
The enemy planet is infiltrated by Cylon agents who insert themselves into human society. These highly skilled spies provide vision of the planet long after the scout ship has left the gravity well."
Research facilities are established on the planets surface to explore human-cylon reproductive capability. This results in a small population cap on each of your planets.
Population could be 10 on each planet? This would allow for a small planet income...
I'm thinking that this could be under "develop planet", and replace "Civilian infrastructure", or, could be in one of the research trees....