Spider Themed Spell Book - An elaboration of the idea suggested by Vordrak - Discovered by Quest - 2 to 5 spells per level
Primary Focus: Tactical Spells
19 Spells - 15 tactical, 2 city enchantment, 1 Enchantment, 1 Strategic
"In ages past there was a titan that was the master of giant spiders. It is said that their exists a tome that instructs one in the magic of this titan. Legends say that this tome can be found deep in a forest guarded by the spiders spawned by his creations. Defeat these guardians, retrieve the tome and decipher its writings to know the secrets of the Spider Titan."
Note: Only characters of high intelligence can decipher all the writings within this tome.
Level 1 - Requires Intelligence 14
- 1. Repel Spiders (tactical - Level 1) - All Spider creatures; including Spider Demons, must resist to initiate an attack against a unit with this enchantment.
- 2. Spider Spit (tactical - Level 1) - Shoots a stream of poison at a target. Target must resist or suffer 2 pts of damage per turn. Can be negated by Life: Cure Poison Spell.
- 3. Spider Climb (tactical - Level 1) - targeted unit receives a +5 bonus to dodge when fighting from or defending in a forest tile as they can freely climb trees. Negates bonus of defensive city walls for the enemy unit due to targeted unit's ability to climb city walls. Unit is immune to effects of web spells.
- 4. Summon Spider Swarm (tactical) - A swarm of a 1,000+ tiny spiders is summoned. A unit attacked by these spiders can't move; they can attack, until the swarm is slain. Hit Points 50, Damage 0, Armor 0. Move 1. Defenders can see the swarm as it slowly moves accross the field of battle.
Level 2 - Requires Intelligence 16
- 5. Web (Tactical - Level 2) - Unit can't move or attack until it breaks free. Excellent for use against archers and catapults.
- 6. Summon Giant Spiders (Tactical - Level 2) - Summons a unit of giant spiders (can be cast multiple times during a battle)
- 7. Dispel Web (Tactical - Level 2) - Dispels Web and Webwall.
Level 3 - Requires Intelligence 18
- 8. Summon Poisonous Spiders (Tactical - Level 3) - Summons a unit of poisonous spiders (can be cast multiple times during a battle)
- 9. Webwall (tactical - Tactical Level 3) - creatues a wall of webbing. Units that enter can't move unless they resist. Can be destroyed by fire spells.
- 10. Mass Spider Climb (tactical - Level 3) - all units receive a +5 bonus to dodge when fighting from or defending in a forest tile as they can easily climb trees. Negates bonus of defensive city walls for the enemy due to targeted units' ability to climb city walls. Units are immune to web spells.
- 11. Impassible Forests (Tactical) - All forest tiles are covered in webbing. Units must resist to move through them.
Level 4 - Requires Intelligence 20
- 12. Spider Plague (Tactical) - summons a horde of giant spiders (a horde of 12 spiders).
- 13. Spider Shape (Enchantment) - transforms a sovereign or champion into a half-human / half spider creature. +2 bonus to movement, -6 penalty to charisma.
- 14. Spider Nest (Tactical) - raises a 2x2 insect mound upon the battlefield. It continuously spawns giant poisonous spiders that attack all units; friend or foe, until the mound is destroyed (100hp) or the battle ends. Strategy: Cast Spider Nest, then cast Repel Spiders upon your units so that these spiders only attack enemy units.
- 15. Charm Spiders (Tactical) - Targeted spider unit becomes a friendly unit for 1 turn per caster level
- 16. Sticky Walls (City Enchantment) - City walls are covered by sticky spider webbing that reduces movement of attackers by 1.
Level 5 - Requires Intelligence 22
- 17. Summon Spider Demon (tactical) - summons a humongous giant spider; that is 100% AI controlled, to attack your enemies.
- 18. Spider Portal (strategic - Level 5) - creates a gate to another plane. Until it is destroyed it allows a stream of humongous Spider demons to enter the world of elemenetal. These spider demons attack all - friend or foe, units and cities they encounter
- 19. Guardian Spider Demon (City Enchantment) - A humongous giant spider guardian is awakened when the city is attacked. This spider consumes 1 population per turn when the city is not under attack. The strength of the spider does not appear in defender's stats until the city is attacked.
Giant Spider Types and Battle Tactics
Spiders are insects and do not make morale checks, they attack until they are dead. Spiders are immune to the effect of web spells (Web, Web Wall, Sticky Walls).
01. Spider Swarm - This swarm of tiny spiders does minimal damage; however, unless the target resists, they can't move; they can attack, until the swarm is slain. HP 50, Damage 0, AC0, Movement 1. Very effective against peasants.
02. Giant Spiders
03. Poisonous Spiders - the bite of these giant spiders are poisonous and cause and additional +1hp of damage per turn.
04. Web Casters - These giant spiders cast a web spell at targeted unit before attacking. A webbed unit can't move unless it resists and suffers a penalty to its attack and dodge ratings.
05. Spider Demon - Summoned from the planes of the Titans these spiders are deadly, are as large as a house, tower over mortal men and are hard to kill (200+ hit points). They can cast a web spell that ensnares units. Taking orders from no one (100% AI controlled) these spiders will attack the last creature that attacked them.