U N I Q U E W E A P O N S M O D . 69
Hello forum friends!
Awhile ago, a fine man named Kenata posted a mod that adds unique abilities and special attacks to almost every weapon. I've been working with him to expand on this concept, and tonight we're proud to release an updated version.
F E A T U R E S
- Unique abilities and special attacks for every human weapon in the game
- No more essence bonuses or requirements; all of the abilities attached to weapons are essenceless
- Updated descriptions so you know what each weapon ability does
- New weapons: The pike, a mid-late game spear, and the Enchanted Longbow, a mid-late game bow.
- New abilities like Braced Spear which grants a defensive bonus for one round, Rooting Shot which slows movement, several damage over time abilities, Disorienting Attack which causes a unit to lose its next round and removes counterstrike, double strike which makes two separate attack attempts, counterstrike bonuses, and many more.
- The AI will make use of the abilities. It appears to try to determine what will deal the most damage, and trigger the ability if its damage is higher.
- Natural male enhancement!
P L A N S
- Revisions of abilities and balancing.
- Every weapon will have a default attack, an alternate attack with specific tactical uses, and a special attack that is usable once per combat. Currently the once per combat abilities are in the game. With just these, tactical combat and unit creation is a much more satisfying process.
- Perhaps integration with the other weapon balancing mods (contact us)
- Unique combat stances that can be researched in warfare and diplomacy that provide a one use per combat buff
- Input from you! Yes, you! Give us feedback!
C H A N G E L O G
.69: fixed Kazarrin Sword bug, broadsword and longsword now working as intended.
.68: typos and minor errors corrected.
Currently in need of: Someone that can do animations!
Quick note: The First Strike ability is currently broken. When Stardock fixes the issue, all spears will gain First Strike either permanently, or for a selected turn. For now, they get Braced Spear.
You can download the mod HERE.