New to the game and the forums, and I didn't see these listed anywhere:
1. How can I edit the keyboard shortcuts - this is more imperative because I'm playing on a laptop. I particularly want to control the camera with the arrow keys and not moving units. Particularly as I have a touchpad and no mousewheel.
2. How to control the camera on the battlefield?
3. (campaign specific) Are there any materials areas in the first 4-5 'books'/city areas? I think it would be Old Growth forest, or some such, but I haven't seen any and I only have 2 cities going (starting area, and iron mine area by the 2nd city you get to).
Thanks in advance.
1. Sorry, I have no idea. Anyone else?
2. Well, I would've told you to use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out and to click and hold it to tilt the camera, but since you only have a touch pad I have no idea, sorry.
3. I never played the campaign because I didn't like it. Sorry that I cannot help you with these questions.
I am having trouble sorting out how to use Mod maps. I tried the mod section but it is all about making them not using them.
The map that I want to use is the "Mega Map" that Frogboy built the other day.
I have "use mods" checked in the Options menu. I downloaded the mega map from the mod library. I am using Windows Vista SP2. The mega map file showed up in " "Users/Name/Documents/My games/elemental/maps". It's the only map there. All of the regular game maps are in "c:/program files/stardock games/elemental/data/maps".
When I try to start a new game only the original maps show up as options - not the mega map.
What else do I need to do to get the Mod map to be an option?
I've never tried anything with the modding tools so far or to implement any modded stuff, sorry.
Can anyone tell me why i can sometimes build two of a building in a city (i.e workshop) and other times i can only build one. It seems completely random, so i'm thinking it's a bug?
Finally a question I can answer. The higher the level of the city, the more buildings of the same kind you can build. There is number next the the name of the improvement that indicates the maximum amount you can build.
And as a side note: It would be nice If other people helped me with these questions if they know the answer.