I know everyone was excited about the inclusion of the old faction creator back into the game with the patch today. Then though I noticed that when I created my Empire Faction I didn't have any Techs I could learn. I checked the XML that's created for the faction you make and the mistake is only one line. It's an easy fix, here's how:
1. The game generates a XML of your created faction in:
C:\Users\****\Documents\My Games\Elemental\Race <------ This is on Win7 64
2. Open the XML with notepad and scroll down to the line that says:
3. The game calls the Empire techs "Trog" techs in the code. Change the line to say:
4. Directly Underneath that line, the next Next Line should say:
<KnownStartingTech>F_Civilization_General</KnownStartingTech> <---------- This is for all Fallen Empires
5. Close the file and save it and you're done. You now have a working Faction with Empire tech.
For "Kingdom" Factions you change the tech lines to:
After adding that to one XML file your created Factions will have the proper techs to research and start the game. Enjoy!!!
P.S. I put this here instead of the Modding Section so people would see the work around and know how to fix it. Some people don't browse the Modding Section so I put here. If a Dev feels like moving it, feel free.