What Spell Book would it be part of?
Can we get the names of the non-starter spellbooks? We know Valor, Curses, Vengeance, Necromancy.. a few more? Will help with this.
As for an idea:
1. Spell Name: Barrier
4. 3 + INT/10 (if possible, else 5)
6. Target unit gains INT/10 Damage Reduction (INT/10 lesss damage taken per hit)
7. Ice, or Valor (being a Protection spell)
8. Similar to Stoneskin, but more beneficial to protect low-defense units. Because the spell is per-hit, it can add up to a lot of nullified damage, thus its higher mana cost in combat. Scales with INT slowly to prevent easy abuse with high defense.
1. Spell name: Barbs
5. 1 Earth
6. Attacker takes Caster's INT/5 damage each time he deals damage to enchanted unit.
8. Uses enchantment slot.
1. Spell Name: Arcane Defense
6. Target unit with Mana takes half damage from mana, half from HP.
8. Can only be cast on Sovereign/Imbued Champions. Target's mana depletes, not caster's.
1. Spell Name: Avatar
5. 1 of Each
6. Caster transforms into an Avatar. Size increases (double or 33%), Strength, Dexterity, Constitution increased by 1 per every 1 point of current Essence. Wields two-handed weapon, attacks hit 3 cells in front (left, front, right). Unable to cast spells.
8. Cast on self only.