Since it can be tricky for the average user to successfully install a mod, I've written an Inno Setup Install script that you modders can use to build installers for your mods.
It is very easy to use:
1. Download and install Inno Setup.
2. Download the sample setup script. This is the setup script I used to build the installer for the Godlike Team Panel.
3. Edit the file by searching for the ***** comments and following the instructions.
4. Click the compile button above.
5. Make sure you test!
Features of the install script
- Automatically finds the Demigod installation. If it cannot find the installation, it will ask the user to find it. It will verify the user has chosen a folder that looks like the main Demigod folder.
- Installs your mod to demigod\bindata\mods\yourmodfolder. The user just can't get it wrong.
I recommend you offer both the traditional .ZIP archive of your mod and also an installer since some users do not like to download strange .EXE files.