Hello guys, I have been a big fan of TBS games, and seeing my friend play GC2 made me burn with jealousy, but until a few months ago I had no way to pay using a CC or paypal; and I couldn't find the game in retail stores.
To the main point: I am very much in love with fantasy TBS games, so much so that I am thinking of pre-ordering Elemental even though it won't be out for a long time (Stardock Rep is very high, from what I have heard). I have a few questions, and I would be grateful if someone could answer all or some of them
1. I have read about several references to MoM and AoW. I haven't played MoM, but I have been a big fan of AoW2 and AoW:SM and I still play them. Is Elemental going to be similar to them, excepting the poor AI?
2. I saw that the pre-order price is USD 49.99; I thought Stardock games were priced at USD 39.99 by default. Is that true?
3. I have no games on my Impulse account, and this game won't be available until a few more months. Is that going to be a problem? Will I get an email with a serial key with which to register, and then be able to download the beta? If I pre-order it tomorrow, can I participate in the current beta?
4. Will the game run fine on a P4 3 GHz (HT), 1 GB RAM, 7300 GT, Win XP PC? Or on a PC with integrated graphics card?
5. Finally, a very important question - I am going to use my friend's CC, so should I ask him to create his own account and gift the game to my email address, or should I just use his CC on my account directly?
I know that these are a lot of questions, but then I am about to use impulse for the first time, so maybe it isn't too bad to be cautious