to play this mod you must do the following-
1) download the file "SOGE1.0e.zip".
2) once the download is finished, unzip the file; where doesn't really matter.
3) go into the unzipped folder. When you open, there should be a folder called "SOGE".
4) drag/drop or copy+paste the folder "SOGE" into you Entrenchment v1.041 mod folder.
5) run Entrenchment, enable the mod, and enjoy.
What I gather is that GeneReyva simply didn't pull the "SOGE" folder out of the "SOGE1.0e" folder.
You can also alternately extract the contents to the mod directory like so: "....\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods-Entrenchment v1.041\"
If you downloaded the zip archive to the mod folder, and try to extract it there, Windows by default will put it into "....\Mods-Entrenchment v1.041\SOGE1.0e\", instead of just the v1.041 mod folder.