All monsters show as "weak"

By on January 26, 2016 3:06:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Circonflexe

Join Date 09/2013

(this is an old v1.80 install, I just discovered by going here that 2.0 was out!)

My game currently shows all monster groups (even dragons) as "weak". I tried launching without mods, and even without a Mods/ directory. However, I did install a few mods (such as the wildlands boss fix) that require to be installed in the main game directory, so some files there could be corrupted.

Have any of you already seen such a bug? In which file should I look for a solution (by grepping the strings for threat level I found them in ElementalDefs.xml, though it was only for color definition...)? And is there a way to restore one XML file without reinstalling the whole game?

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 26, 2016 10:49:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I haven't had this problem, I've never installed a mod so I think you might have corrupt files.  Hope that helped.

January 27, 2016 5:05:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

January 27, 2016 6:53:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

You're using outdated Mods and they're breaking your game ("Wildland Boss Fix" is NOT 1.8/2.0 compatible or at least not fully compatible, but that's not the Mod that's causing the issue you're seeing at the moment; if I had to guess I'd say you're using "Patchwork Mod" or "Faster leveling and XP Gain" or a Mod that changes ElementalDefs.xml).

So if Wildland Boss Fix is not 1.8/2.0 compatible, is that to say that 1.8/2.0 is fixed and no longer needs the Wildland Boss Fix?

Is ElementalDefs.xml no longer moddable?

January 28, 2016 1:52:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks!

I guess I will still do the modification of threat level (how could I have overlooked that first column) until the end of my current game, then wipe out and upgrade to 2.0. I will also check if there are some mods that I could port over to 2.0.

January 29, 2016 2:18:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time: