Unhappy with new tactical map

By on January 4, 2016 11:25:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

coyote303

Join Date 03/2008
+7

I just came back for a game of Legendary Heroes after a long break. (I've recently been obsessed with World of Warships.) Since I last played, I picked up the tactical map pack while it was on sale.

There were quite a few changes made to tactical battles since I last played and probably for the best. For example, I see crushing blow is no longer overpowered. However, one new tactical map in particular caused me to rage quit my game.

I had what should have been a tough, interesting battle. However, it splits my forces with half of my units being way out of range on the other side of an impenetrable forest. It will take quite a few turns to get them in the fight. Meanwhile, the other half is up against some fast, tough monsters with high enough initiative to overwhelm these isolated units.

I might try this battle again, but I'm considering uninstalling the tactical map pack. Am I being too hasty in considering getting rid of this add-on?

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 5, 2016 4:19:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've run into several maps where a forced set up is just plain nonsense.  Sd really should put an interface in place where a stack that did not move (or moved 1/2 yada yada) get set up in a decent defensive position.  Stacks that move full MP should be placved in a column formation.  If stack has sccouts, get beyttter position, etc.  As tac st up currenly implemented, set up is a total crap shoot unrelated to a ctuial units present, situation, etc.  This is the weakest aspect IMHO of LH.

January 27, 2016 5:05:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time: