[eMOD] - Between Life And Death v.93

A Mod Pack

By on July 23, 2015 4:13:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

davrovana

Join Date 05/2009
+61

Between Life and Death v0.93

a Mod collection by D. Elliot Lamb (davrovana)

Nexus Mods Page

A Mod Pack that significantly adds to the base game:

1. Sorcerer and Paladin paths
  2. Republic government faction trait allowing a very different economy and play experience
  3. Terraforming spells
  4. Champion improvement/rebalance with new abilities for existing classes
  5. Tougher Elemental Lords
  6. Improved Undead
  7. Enhanced diplomacy - build influence to make peace, or wreak sabotage and revolution with spies!
  8. 4 new factions with new improvements, units, faction traits, Sovereign professions
  9. Catapult upgrades
  10. NEW SCENARIO, coming soon!
  11. A Second, even harder Master Quest!
  12. Improved Assassins - they can kill champions or sovereigns permanently!
  13. Loads of new improvements with new graphics, opening up new strategies
  14. More! See the README for specifics

Download from NEXUSMODS

16 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 23, 2015 5:16:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

File updated.

July 23, 2015 7:28:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Made some more updates - Alternate Master Quest now included!

August 2, 2015 3:37:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Found some bugs, v.92 is on the way very soon

September 22, 2015 2:28:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Update to .93 coming as soon as LH 2.0 releases:

-Many bug fixes

-New Arcana Ward improvement that shields a city from enemy spells

-Refined terraforming for Life

-New ability for Spies

-New Spells for Sorcerer

-All bow wielding units can use Rain Of Arrows with 7 stamina

-Spears do slightly less damage and less armor piercing, but get a bonus against mounted units

-Mounted archers get a damage bonus

-Swords get a special ability, Thrust, 7 stamina

-HIGH LEVEL ASSASSINS CAN KILL CHAMPIONS AND SOVEREIGNS, MWA HA HA

-More I've forgotten!

September 22, 2015 5:12:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm massively looking forward to it!  (And hopefully to a run where I get that PalaBear!  FOR JUSTICE AND MAULING MY DINNER!!!)

September 22, 2015 6:49:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting fmalfeas,

I'm massively looking forward to it!  (And hopefully to a run where I get that PalaBear!  FOR JUSTICE AND MAULING MY DINNER!!!)

Ha, Palabear.

October 14, 2015 3:49:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is my fav FE:LH mod!  

October 26, 2015 4:19:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Loving this mod pack so far. Seems to play nicely with the various other interesting mods I've found as well. That said, I've run into a few issues that you may have already addressed, or that are limitations of the game itself.

Kingdom Paladins can fail their Bonded Mount quest by not casting the spell near a Swamp, then selecting the Spirit Warg choice. This appears to be because the goodie hut for it is limited to swamp terrain, so if there isn't one in range it doesn't spawn.

Various terraforming favor values don't match up with their descriptions.

Sorcerors and Paladins feel kind of overpowered compared to vanilla classes. Especially, every level trait for them seems to me to grant significantly higher bonuses, combined with much greater synergy, than those of almost all vanilla class traits. Granted, they seem to fit thematically, but the combination of significant skill synergy and generally faster leveling potential (XP bonuses on solo Paladins, passive leveling spells on Sorcerers) feel like they ramp up to game-winning levels of power very rapidly. This may just be that most vanilla classes are on the underpowered side, though.

If you take over a Dagoroth outpost, it continues generating its resource. However, you can't use it, and it clutters up the bar. Is there a way to get rid of it?

Republics can't construct the wonders that upgrade from an existing improvement. Only really noticed this with the Treasury Vault. Granted though, they really don't need it, they already have ridiculously strong economies by that point in the game.

Using the spell from the second Master Quest that takes control of another unit on an enemy Sovereign can lead to all kinds of strange results. May or may not be in combination to then accepting the surrender of said Sovereign. Basically, I got my own Sov permanently immobilized by swiping an enemy Sov from a city in which they were recuperating from a previous defeat, then forcing their surrender.

Favor-requiring tactical spells get stuck in your hotkey bar in tactical battles if you lack the favor to cast them. You can't overwrite them with another spell.

Sorcerer resource-summoning spells can trigger on top of rivers. Same applies to the seed from the Life Favor gift spell.

Some swords aren't registering as swords for the purposes of Paladin traits/skills. Notably, the Searingray Edge from the Terraforming module.

Procerpine's crown seems to be negating the Fame upkeep and Metal upkeep of the Sorcerer enchantments as well as the standard mana upkeeps. Not sure if this is intended or not, but if it isn't, perhaps it's possible to change by moving the upkeep into the effect applied to the unit rather than using the standard SpellResourceCost?

Sorcerers' +1 casting times seems to be applying to all combat abilities that aren't a basic melee attack, including bow shots, staff shots, etc. Not sure if this can be, or even should be, changed, but it's worth mentioning.

I think that's just about everything that comes to mind. I know it might feel like I'm complaining, but really, you've done a great job, and I'm loving the overall experience. Looking forward to the next version!

October 26, 2015 8:51:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting LurkingNewbie,

I think that's just about everything that comes to mind. I know it might feel like I'm complaining, but really, you've done a great job, and I'm loving the overall experience. Looking forward to the next version!

Thank you for the feedback! I will catalog these bugs and hunt them down. The balance issues, I will consider. Some issues you mention have already been fixed in the v.93 build. As soon as 2.0 LH exits beta, I will release .93!

November 22, 2015 7:08:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

UPDATED! Make sure to delete your old version and re-install!

November 27, 2015 9:42:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Empire of Dagorath removed (issues!) and some tweaks added to 0.93. Please re-install!

January 27, 2016 5:01:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just started playing a new game with your mod and really like what I've seen so far.  The 2.0 update is also new to me as well.  Are you aware of any incompatibilities with the v2 patch?  I've been having a fair amount of game crashes, though I doubt it's Mod related [Microsoft Visual Studio ftw =P].  For all the good in 2.0, the new bugs are really, really annoying.

January 29, 2016 10:46:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting BernieTime,

Just started playing a new game with your mod and really like what I've seen so far.  The 2.0 update is also new to me as well.  Are you aware of any incompatibilities with the v2 patch?  I've been having a fair amount of game crashes, though I doubt it's Mod related [Microsoft Visual Studio ftw =P].  For all the good in 2.0, the new bugs are really, really annoying.

It should be totally compatible with LH 2.0. Likewise, I am not aware of crash issues - unless you have a folder Dagorath_1_point_0. It might've snuck into some releases, delete entire folder if you have it.

February 8, 2016 1:21:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just noticed something that I don't think is working as intended.  On the Sorceror Path, the Concentration Skill adds +1 to casting times.  The unintended consequence is that it also added a time delay to using a Bow.

February 8, 2016 1:48:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting BernieTime,

Just noticed something that I don't think is working as intended.  On the Sorceror Path, the Concentration Skill adds +1 to casting times.  The unintended consequence is that it also added a time delay to using a Bow.

I am aware of this - it affects bows and staves. I don't know how to fix it so that only 'true' spells are affected (in game terms, bows and staves cast a spell to do ranged attacks). Ultimately I decided I liked the concept enough that the bug was worth it - Sorcerers aren't going to be your mainstay archers anyway.

If you do not agree, you could modify the concentration trait to not adjust casting times at all - though Sorcerers might become a bit too powerful as a consequence. 

March 31, 2016 8:16:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Update coming, lots of small tweaks along with bugfixes that should have the mod smoother overall.

New feature coming - forging 'ultimate' weapons with the Forge Of The Overlord

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: