Does not work - at all

By on June 18, 2015 3:21:00 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

ChungasRevenge

Join Date 08/2010
+9

I activated Ashes in Steam

It has finished installing

Press Play Ashes in steam client

* nothing *

Double click icon on my desktop

brief whirling of the cursor and then  * nothing *

No error messages - I restarted the computer.

---------

So the app won't start. I went to the common apps folders to start directly. The DX11 version crashes and the Mantle version says missing mantle (not surprising as I have a NVIDIA card).

WIndows 7 64 Bit

NVIDIA gtx 970 - latest drivers

12 GB Ram

Locked Post 22 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
ralph3
June 18, 2015 3:32:16 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Moved to the Founders group.

June 18, 2015 3:36:34 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Please download our support tool (more info at http://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/467342/page/1/) and submit a ticket with us. 

June 18, 2015 3:47:41 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Have you tried turning it off and on again... Sorry, I had to. 

I am assuming you tried running as Administrator? i hate that you are having this issue. Hopefully it will get sorted very soon so you can play.

June 18, 2015 4:25:48 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

yes that would be my guess it prompted me to run as admin if he missed or declined said prompt it could present as nothing when clicked.

June 18, 2015 6:40:12 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Ok  I have put in a ticket with the logs etc

June 19, 2015 2:12:15 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

It happens to me too, the only answer has been that i dont have the minimum requirements, something that´s not true.

June 20, 2015 5:20:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well my computer exceeds the requirements. I have actually never had any issues with stardock games. I am playing witcher 3 (high tech requirement) so i am not sure what the problem is with ashes.

I have followed support's suggestions, even wiped the local copy of reinstalled. I am not worried, I just would like to see what everyone else is seeing

June 21, 2015 6:58:28 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

i'm assuming it's still crashing to desktop without showing anything?

June 21, 2015 9:29:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, no joy so far.

I am waiting for support people to get back to work after the weekend.  

June 22, 2015 4:23:51 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting ChungasRevenge,

Yes, no joy so far.

I am waiting for support people to get back to work after the weekend.  

Gotcha. Let us know if they get the issue resolved for you guys.

June 23, 2015 3:22:59 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Any word on this?

June 23, 2015 3:53:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No, so far I have been asked to send in logs of the software but no updates or suggestions that have made any difference.

If I double click the ashes_dx11.exe I get an immediate access violation - i.e., no pause which suggest resources cannot be found or something simple like that. If I run direct from steam by pressing the "play" button I see the blue windows circle for a split second and then nothing. As if I haven't  pressed anything.

I have deleted and re-installed, I have run Startdocks scans which say everything is 100% ok 

Hopefully one day soon...

June 23, 2015 4:20:10 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting ChungasRevenge,

No, so far I have been asked to send in logs of the software but no updates or suggestions that have made any difference.

If I double click the ashes_dx11.exe I get an immediate access violation - i.e., no pause which suggest resources cannot be found or something simple like that. If I run direct from steam by pressing the "play" button I see the blue windows circle for a split second and then nothing. As if I haven't  pressed anything.

I have deleted and re-installed, I have run Startdocks scans which say everything is 100% ok 

Hopefully one day soon...

Have you run dxdiag? you can windows+r and type dxdiag. Crashing right away is suspicious to me. The other thing to check is the application log and see if windows gave you any error messages.

June 24, 2015 2:28:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

hmmm, support have stopped talking to me 

Which either means they have found something - and are working on it

Or they have given up

June 24, 2015 3:29:36 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

What's your ticket #?

June 24, 2015 4:32:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Yarlen

UID-579-56261

Brad A has been working with me on it. All the scans etc have been handed in. No rush, I understand it is a new product, I am just keen to get to see Ashes running.

June 24, 2015 4:36:57 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Ah, kk cool.

June 25, 2015 4:22:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

OK update,

I got all excited when I saw there had been an update via steam. However, excitement was short lived - no change.

I decided to pay more attention to the error I was seeing when I ran ashes_dx11 directly

which is 0xc00007b which appears to be a mismatch between 64bit and 32bit software.

I followed all the suggestions http://freewisdoms.com/how-to-fix-0xc000007b-application-error/

reinstalling .net replacing dlls etc no joy

June 25, 2015 10:49:55 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

This is really weird. Try this - navigate to where Steam installed the game and you should see a folder named _CommonRedist (or something like that).  Run the installers you find in there to refresh the VC++ redists for 32- and 64-bit, etc. See if that works.

June 25, 2015 1:12:24 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting ChungasRevenge,

OK update,

I got all excited when I saw there had been an update via steam. However, excitement was short lived - no change.

I decided to pay more attention to the error I was seeing when I ran ashes_dx11 directly

which is 0xc00007b which appears to be a mismatch between 64bit and 32bit software.

I followed all the suggestions http://freewisdoms.com/how-to-fix-0xc000007b-application-error/

reinstalling .net replacing dlls etc no joy

Can you go into the application logs and see if there is anything there? Under Windows 7, its:

Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools\Event Viewer\Applications and Service Logs\ACEEventLog, if there is an error there. It should look like a little red stop sign with some information.

June 25, 2015 2:33:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Yarlen - I am so happy!!!!

I installed the VC redistributables from the ashes subfolder

and then ran setup of directx

and it works!!!!

I have a feeling as more people buy Ashes you will probably get this issue more often unless the installation deals with this possibility.

July 8, 2015 11:19:36 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

New opt-in should do this automatically for everyone, just to play it safe.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time: