Request pre 2.0 release

By on March 11, 2015 4:22:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

BlackSmokeDMax

Join Date 03/2006
+47

Would love to see you guys do a dev-stream or two on FE:LH prior to the 2.0 patch.

1. They are pretty fun!

2. They seem like they are pretty productive. (Hope that part's true!)

Locked Post 14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 12, 2015 2:21:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is there going to be a 2.0 release? 

I thought this game was done.    

March 12, 2015 2:46:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nope, not done. Brad has posted that there is a free 2.0 patch financially approved that they just don't currently have the manpower to do yet. It was originally supposed to be after the SK release, but the SK release is now looking like it is being delayed until July.

He also posted about a possible Ultimate Edition or something like that. If you do some google-fu on these forums you should be able to find both.

March 12, 2015 3:03:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting BlackSmokeDMax,

Nope, not done. Brad has posted that there is a free 2.0 patch financially approved that they just don't currently have the manpower to do yet. It was originally supposed to be after the SK release, but the SK release is now looking like it is being delayed until July.

He also posted about a possible Ultimate Edition or something like that. If you do some google-fu on these forums you should be able to find both.

I'm guessing an Ultimate Edition would just be the game with all the DLC.   

March 12, 2015 3:07:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ls35a,

Quoting BlackSmokeDMax,

I'm guessing an Ultimate Edition would just be the game with all the DLC.   

I think it may have included them, but I remember there being more. Not positive without searching for those posts though. Keep meaning to save a link to them... and forgetting.

March 12, 2015 3:25:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Found one:

forums.elementalgame.com/458233

March 12, 2015 7:19:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I hoping for a pre 2.0 patch that does nothing but focus on gremlins and rounding out content.

By gremlins, please refer to the many posts found on this forum by Primal_Savage.

By rounding out content, I refer to things like a Kingdom race not having a life shard creature with the Binding trait.

March 12, 2015 9:14:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

March 13, 2015 10:59:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

Quoting BlackSmokeDMax,
...Keep meaning to save a link to them... and forgetting.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/452256/page/7/#0

http://forums.elementalgame.com/457886/page/1/#8

http://forums.elementalgame.com/458233/page/2/#0

Here's your chance to Bookmark everything 

I'm watching you! 

LH Mods by Primal

XtraDeconstruct

XtraDeconstruct Canons

LOL! Done!

Thanks Primal

March 29, 2015 5:53:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I hope v2.0 comes out with a Hall of Fame. I have stopped playing months ago due to the lack of this, I'm competitive with myself and a game without Hall of Fame doesn't hook me in for long.

April 7, 2015 1:16:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

I hoping for a pre 2.0 patch that does nothing but focus on gremlins and rounding out content.

By gremlins, please refer to the many posts found on this forum by Primal_Savage.

By rounding out content, I refer to things like a Kingdom race not having a life shard creature with the Binding trait.

Yeah I think this should probably be the main focus of any new patch.

And to be honest I'm not really too enthralled with the Dynasties feature. I honestly think it will consume too much resources from the dev team for the value of it. I think they'll get a lot more praise if they overhaul the economy and citybuilding side of LH

April 7, 2015 2:31:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Redaxe,

And to be honest I'm not really too enthralled with the Dynasties feature.

I'm with you on that. But that is not part of the patch, that is supposed to be part of another paid DLC/expansion. I'm just hoping that it is an optional part of that DLC/expansion so that if I like the other parts of said DLC that I can still buy that and turn off the dynasties.

April 10, 2015 8:21:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting BlackSmokeDMax,

Quoting Redaxe,

And to be honest I'm not really too enthralled with the Dynasties feature.

I'm with you on that. But that is not part of the patch, that is supposed to be part of another paid DLC/expansion. I'm just hoping that it is an optional part of that DLC/expansion so that if I like the other parts of said DLC that I can still buy that and turn off the dynasties.

Hmmm well I could be wrong dynasties might be a fantastic feature. My suspicion is that it would take a lot of work to integrate into the game and get the AI to use properly and Stardock is only a small size company. If they can do this then great but if its too much of a stretch on their resources I would argue they are better of working on other aspects of the game like more Wonders, new resources (metal and crystal isn't really working out) new & better city upgrade paths (hello Capital city I'm looking at you - as a choice besides the 3 specializations) There are plenty of ways to improve the game already without having to put a whole new system in.

April 28, 2015 9:44:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Redaxe,

Hmmm well I could be wrong dynasties might be a fantastic feature.

You're right, it could be. Although, still think I'd just not be interested, even if done perfectly. Just want to be able to shut it off.

Quoting Redaxe,

My suspicion is that it would take a lot of work to integrate into the game and get the AI to use properly and Stardock is only a small size company. If they can do this then great but if its too much of a stretch on their resources I would argue they are better of working on other aspects of the game like more Wonders, new resources (metal and crystal isn't really working out) new & better city upgrade paths (hello Capital city I'm looking at you - as a choice besides the 3 specializations) There are plenty of ways to improve the game already without having to put a whole new system in.

Couldn't agree with you more on this portion!

April 28, 2015 9:46:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

2.0 release:

I'd love to see you guys do another free weekend for people post 2.0 release as well. My opinion is just do NOT do it the same time as the 2.0 release. Maybe give it a week to make sure you don't need a quick hotfix those of us that have been playing forever spot quickly.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000625   Page Render Time: