Lords of Xulima.

By on December 20, 2014 12:52:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tattyhat

Join Date 04/2012
+13

Seeing how it's Christmas I thought I would give you guys a present in the form of a heads up on a really good old school type game.  I have been playing it for a few days now and can't put it down.  It's cheap atm, give it a go, I think you will like it.  

http://store.steampowered.com/app/296570

Locked Post 10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 20, 2014 8:49:31 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Followed it during it's greenlight days. Dunno what it was that made me ignore it until now.

Definetly seems good though.

December 26, 2014 2:59:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

interesting

December 27, 2014 8:14:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Its 50% off now. I got it based on this post Havent tried it yet.

December 28, 2014 11:14:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Let me know what you think.

December 28, 2014 2:49:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I almost backed this game on kickstarter, but I was unsure if they could pull it off. Based on the steam reviews, it seems like it is a decent and lengthy RPG. However, people have reported that the game is a bit repetitive and also that the combat system boils down to who has the highest speed stat (similar to the initiative problem in Fallen Enchantress, I guess). 

It seems like its worth checking out, but it may not be as engaging as some of the other choices such as Divinity: Original Sin. 

December 28, 2014 9:45:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I bought it during the sale. Mixed feelings so far. Lack of proper manual hurts the enjoyment of the game. 

December 29, 2014 6:13:43 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

wish-listed (is that a word?) for now, tsm for the recommendation!

-tid242

December 29, 2014 9:00:43 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I picked it up over the weekend and have been enjoying it.  There are some progression/balance issues, much like the speed stat already mentioned, an herbs issue (it is better to not pull herbs until you skill is L30), and some class progression/balance issues.    The story is fairly straightforward and basic thus far, and the voice acting is passable, but even still I find myself pushing forward.  If you enjoyed combat in the early CRPGs, like the Wizardry series, then you'll probably enjoy this.

If you are playing, don't underestimate the power of Blessings.  They can make a difference in a difficult fight.

December 30, 2014 3:05:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I also bought a couple of other games, and I havent tried this game more than 5 minutes yet. Rebuild 3 got my attention. Though still in early access, it got me totally hooked last night. Highly recommended.

December 31, 2014 3:15:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting joasoze,

I also bought a couple of other games, and I havent tried this game more than 5 minutes yet. Rebuild 3 got my attention. Though still in early access, it got me totally hooked last night. Highly recommended.

That's exactly what happen'd to me.  I got hooked.  What ever I might say for, or against the game, there is no doubt it has the ability to hook you and not let go.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000015   Page Render Time: