[Crash 1.8] Attempting to start a battle - locking up [Resolved - Hotfix released]

By on November 26, 2014 1:49:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

BlackSmokeDMax

Join Date 03/2006
+47

Crashing on entering battle with army led by Bannon against the wildlands army closest to his army.

I have included both the save right before my actions, and also the previous save in the zip file.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5804849/hosted%20for%20web/LH_Saves.zip

http://pastebin.com/kHqLXf1R

Doesn't seem to be generating the crash mdmp file. I do have a bunch in that folder, just none from today, and I have had it crash repeatedly about 4 or 5 times on entering this battle. I have tried this multiple ways as well. Entering battle on same turn as current save, waiting a turn and then entering battle. Moving to a different tile within the wildlands and then entering battle. All result in the program locking up.

Nothing seems to lock up until attempting to attack that army.

Locked Post 10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 27, 2014 12:24:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've got the same issue.  It's more of a lockup/not responding than a crash, so I have to go into Task Manager and end the program.

From what I can tell it only happens when attacking or being attacked by units in the Scarred/Diseased wild land.  The other wild lands seem to work fine.

It happens whenever a wild land unit attacks or is attacked, and auto resolve or manual resolution is selected.

Fortunately the monsters haven't wondered outside of the wild land so the game is still playable, with a big "no go" zone. 

November 28, 2014 6:34:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

November 28, 2014 9:25:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks Primal, will give that a try!

Stardock, hot fix this in please??

November 30, 2014 5:21:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Same issue here, tried editing the file, and (at least without starting a new game), this did not work.

I have however discovered you can auto resolve the fights successfully, so if you can sneak through using that, it might help somebody.

November 30, 2014 9:32:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting BobDoogle,

Same issue here, tried editing the file, and (at least without starting a new game), this did not work.

I have however discovered you can auto resolve the fights successfully, so if you can sneak through using that, it might help somebody.

You'll find editing/changing the code will never work for previously saved games. When creating a new game the xml is stored along with the game save. This allows (in most cases) you to continue playing old games after game updates. Those old games just will never have any of the update fixes/additions.

Good to know the auto-resolve was working, didn't even think to check that.

December 1, 2014 8:56:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Leo in WI,

Stardock, hot fix this in please??

2nd that.

Pls fix it, this sort of thing drives people nuts, especially those new to the game.  Not good.

Good spot Primal (again).

December 1, 2014 10:47:37 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Please submit a ticket here with your information regarding this issue: http://esupport.stardock.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit 

December 1, 2014 12:56:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is now fixed.

December 1, 2014 1:05:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the quick hotfix Yarlen, and for the shoutout (I'm BlackSmokeDMax there) on Steam!

December 1, 2014 4:38:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Np, thank you!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time: