eXplorminate Podcast with Brad Wardell about SK, GC3, and the AI

By on October 8, 2014 9:24:59 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums External Link

XWerewolfX

Join Date 02/2006
+26

You can find it here: HERE

Keep in mind that we're amateurs just trying to build a community around our favorite genre. It's an all-inclusive community, so please don't hesitate to join us on Steam (e4X or eXplorminate) or through the website contributing articles and joining in on future podcasts. If you have ANY interest in joining us in the future, PLEASE contact me through the website (www.explorminate.com). 

Locked Post 11 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 8, 2014 11:58:06 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Great interview. I really enjoyed hearing Brad (Frogboy) on the -cast.

Edit: OK, I know this might sound like a fanboy statement, but the more I learn about this game the more excited I get about it and about being a part of the beta.

October 9, 2014 12:09:47 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Quoting marlowe221,

Great interview. I really enjoyed hearing Brad (Frogboy) on the -cast.

Edit: OK, I know this might sound like a fanboy statement, but the more I learn about this game the more excited I get about it and about being a part of the beta.

100% agree. I love the DM idea and how the minors will participate. 

I just hope we see it implemented how it's being presented. It sounds too good to be true!

October 9, 2014 6:57:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Really good interview and some interesting questions. All of the AI/DM stuff does indeed sound incredibly exciting, if they can implement some of the more unique curveballs that Brad mentioned I think it would add a lot to the game and really set it apart while also making each individual game more unique to play.

Also....GET IN THOSE FLYING UNITS 

October 9, 2014 9:21:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Whoa, Werewolf..  We joined the forums at the same time.  Anyways, I was nervous for some of the interview, but then again, who wouldn't be.  I'd like to thank Brad for coming on our podcast and answering our questions. I had a great time learning about the thinking process that goes behind scenes.

October 9, 2014 10:47:38 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Great interview.   Glad to see your website growing and doing well.  SK is going to be a great game I think.  I've been enjoying it so far.

October 9, 2014 11:38:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey great podcast, nice work to all involved.

October 9, 2014 4:54:57 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Beyond the podcast itself, I find this cool for two reasons: 1. you landed Brad for the podcast and 2. Brad was willing to do it. Pretty neat imo.

October 9, 2014 8:23:21 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Quoting AlLanMandragoran,

Beyond the podcast itself, I find this cool for two reasons: 1. you landed Brad for the podcast and 2. Brad was willing to do it. Pretty neat imo.

He didn't even hesitate. He's a class act!

October 9, 2014 11:39:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting AlLanMandragoran,

Yeah exactly.  

And I just thought it was neat because the guys doing the interview clearly knew the subject matter, so they're asking quite specific questions directly about the games/gameplay... instead of some high level type stuff.

Sometimes you can listen to an hour long podcast/interview on a game, and not learn anything new because the discussion is just about all the info that is already published.  Not the case here because it got into quite a bit of detail on various subjects.  Helped by Brad's rather open approach to discussing things, so yep good stuff.

October 10, 2014 6:38:41 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

We'll keep honing our skills and getting better at the whole podcast thing and keep all of this great feedback in mind. I'm super passionate about 4X games, so I hope to keep doing stuff like this and keep asking questions that are relevant and dig a little deeper than your average gaming site!

Glad you all liked it!

October 10, 2014 7:35:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting abob101,

Yeah exactly.  

And I just thought it was neat because the guys doing the interview clearly knew the subject matter, so they're asking quite specific questions directly about the games/gameplay... instead of some high level type stuff.

Sometimes you can listen to an hour long podcast/interview on a game, and not learn anything new because the discussion is just about all the info that is already published.  Not the case here because it got into quite a bit of detail on various subjects.  Helped by Brad's rather open approach to discussing things, so yep good stuff.

Like Werewolf said, we're still learning, honing our craft? We try to do as much research as possible about the subject (be it a specific topic or person) so that we don't sound like we're grasping at straws. At the end of the day, we're gamers, and we want to know the same things that other gamers want to know. 

Thank you for the kind words.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time: